MuLab 5.0.39 (pre-release)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it normal for the MuDrum to use 12-13% CPU? I started MuLab and have 4 Racks in a new session with a Mux Preset on two of the Racks and MuDrum on third. CPU% was hovering around 14-15% so I tried deleting the MuDrum and it went down to 2-3%. I only had 1 drum sample and 1 Mux Preset loaded in MuDrum.

Win7 x64
Core i5 2467M 1.6GHz
MuLab x32
4GB RAM

EDIT: Is the CPU monitor just what MuLab uses or an overall usage monitor? Would other apps affect MuLab's monitoring?

Sort of depends on what was in the mux, doesn't it? Was it empty?
:hug:

Indeed it does, I checked and removing that preset reduced CPU% by 1-2%, not a major amount.

On my system a samples-only preset draws 6% cpu. From 1.2% idle to 7.7%. Turning off the individual pads drops it around 0.5% each. Makes sense since there's 12 pads.

Is it much or not, i don't know. Not sure how much something like this is supposed to draw.
:hug:

Percentage should be relative to the individual CPU though?
eg. 10% of 100 = 10, 10% of 200 = 20. Your processor is far better than mine judging by it's speed.

How many samples? Mine was idle too nothing being used.

The MuDrum indeed is a serious beast full of (sub-)mixing options and that may take a bit of cpu. On slower systems this may be more striking. MuLab's cpu meter measures MuLab's audio processing.

There is a new MuLab 5.0.34 package available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest

This is what's changed since M5.0.33:
  • Sequence Player module now is syncable to the sequencer.
  • Fixed/tuned a couple of practical issues with the Sequence Player module.
  • Session browser is also focusable by clicking its background.
  • Fixed a little display bug wrt the session name in the session window title bar.
  • More accurate undo/redo descriptions for the audio DSP functions.
  • Fixed a practical problem where undoing/redoing an audio file edit could not be performed because the audio file is opened in another app at the same time.
  • Fixed a problem wrt loading presets in the MuDrum and MuPad.
  • Reverted the default for DrawGuiFocusBox to 100 (%).
  • Tuned the looks of the MuSynth.
  • Finetuned some other graphics.
  • Extended & tuned the factory library.
Because of the further changes in the UI you need to install the complete new package. As always you can copy your user settings into that new installation, cfr http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... ation.html

Cheers!

A preview of the new M5 docs is available at http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest/docs

Thanks for the update, and for the CPU answer.

A couple things I noticed... when I hit the space bar to start play in the arrange window it starts playback in the browser. Is that unavoidable and or focus has to be established by clicking on the arrange window? Also is there a way to have the preview (browser) off by setting? Seems like it keeps turning back on whether I turn it off.

Checking out new version! :)

1. The new Musynth look has settled my ocd. One issue though is that its colors do not match the other pre-made devices

2. When picking colors In the MUX and for track/rack purposes instead of saying "no color" have the button say "default color" because no color would mean no visibility
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

In MuSynth, there's option to Choose Colour, but the colour doesn't actually change! This either in the Menu or by R-clicking a 'module' name on the Front Panel of the Synth.

Also, the Browser's 'What, Where, Which' text is still different from the Menu text colour.

Sorry to say, but the new default MuSynth colors are not easy to look at :shock:
I'm not sure if this is the best choice of color scheme as default..

And indeed. Change color does not seem to work.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Change color indeed doesn't work on any of Mu... synths.

By default it should follow the color of Top Panel Display Color, I'd suggest...

+1 but would personally prefer to have a seperate option.

Return to “MUTOOLS”