MuLab 5.0.39 (pre-release)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To be honnest i have no idea what's going on. Very weird. Do you have some special setup/system extensions for the mouse..?

mutools wrote:To be honnest i have no idea what's going on. Very weird. Do you have some special setup/system extensions for the mouse..?
Certainly do (programmable buttons app), but didn't have this problem in previous versions. Definitely didn't on 3 at least, I didn't get much time on v4. I'll check when I get home.

mutools wrote:To be honnest: One of the reasons i did not yet go for time-stretching is because i'm not convinced by the sound-quality of most algorithms i heard. It always adds those harsh mechanic artifacts, very unmusical, imho. Atoh i do understand the technical need for it and i'm sure it depends on the source sound too. If you would ever find some time to make the comparison more complete that would be very helpful. Of course i'll do more comparisons myself too but i think there is an important subjective aspect on this so user input is welcome.
today i went to quikquak homepage and listened to the copula audioexamples:

http://www.quikquak.com/Prod_Copula.html

they sound convincing to me...

perhaps you should contact Dave Hoskins about that - he is very kind...

The absence of timestretch and good pitchshift is the only thing that prevents me from using Mu.Lab daily...

:?
Lost in Music...

Correction - the goal is the path! ;-)

FYI mac people... Drag and drop now works! WooHoo! Jo has fixed a number of things in the Mac version so I'm pretty excited about that. Nothing to complain about now...

Next, new computer... which will probably break everything he fixed! DOH!

:)

DHR53 wrote:Next, new computer... which will probably
..be a PC..? :lol:

/me hides ;)

:lol: :lol:

I have too much work created on the Mac in various Adobe products to switch at this point... But I may load Windows 8 on my old Mac laptop since I can't load the latest OSX anyway. :idea:

I use the pitch bender and modulation wheel quite a bit with basses and leads. Is there a way to lock that automation data to the note so that I can move it together with the note along the time axis, like with the velocity bar? Or alternatively to select that automation curve and move it separately? Maybe it is possible and I just don't see it :)

If the data is recorded, i can't see a way how to have these data converted. They are just too different (+-8192 against 0..127).

If you draw them in an automation subtrack, there can be a way, but drawing pitch bend and modulation for each note would be pretty labourious, which would make this useless.

Sorry

Pitch bend isn't tied to a note. Slide pitch bend up then start playing a few notes - they're all pitched up. Hold one and let the bend drop a bit then play some more. Still pitched up a bit. So it's hard (as in "doesn't really make sense") to tie something like pitch bend to a single note! (Completely unlike velocity, which is technically part of the note message itself.)

Note: exact implementation details for any MIDI responses depend entirely on the synth/sample/lightshow/electronic robot being controlled, so you may not get the effect described above.

I think vst3 allows individual pitch bend, but im not sure
:hug:

pljones wrote:Pitch bend isn't tied to a note. Slide pitch bend up then start playing a few notes - they're all pitched up. Hold one and let the bend drop a bit then play some more. Still pitched up a bit. So it's hard (as in "doesn't really make sense") to tie something like pitch bend to a single note! (Completely unlike velocity, which is technically part of the note message itself.)

Note: exact implementation details for any MIDI responses depend entirely on the synth/sample/lightshow/electronic robot being controlled, so you may not get the effect described above.
Especially since the bend information is not locked to the note, it would make sense to be able to select a bend data block and drag it to the right place on the time axis. The pitch bend data is basically like a second layer of note data. I can drag the first layer (i.e. the note bars) around freely in order to correct timing issues, but the pitch bend data is kind of locked on the time line. Sure, one can draw pitch bend data by hand, but it is so much easier to use a perfect pitch bend that just happens to be slightly off in terms of timing.

If you split out the bend data to a second track with cut-n-paste, then select the two tracks, they'll stay aligned, I think. Bit of a work around but should get you what you want.

Return to “MUTOOLS”