MuLab 5.0.39 (pre-release)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't understand the problem. The MuDrum 4 racks work like normal racks. More info here:

http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest/do ... udrum.html
http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest/docs/mux/rack.html

There is a new MuLab 5.0.36 app/exe update available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest

This is what's changed since M5.0.35:
  • Fixed a sequence playback bug. (new bug since M5.0.34)
  • Mixdown dialog: Finetuned the position of the 'Session Master Audio File' button.
  • Fixed a UI mismatch when dragging modules in the deep editor.
If you already installed M5.0.35 you can apply a quick app/exe update. Make sure to update both the MuLab.app (OSX) / MuLab.exe (Windows) and the MuLab.ID files!

I think I figured it out... the 4 MuDrum racks send only to the 4 racks in the MuDrum. So A goes to B, C, D. Not the racks in the VST rack section. Is that correct? Any way to route the sends to the main Rack section?

Also... does drag and drop midi from VSTs work in MuLab? May have asked this but forgot.

DHR53 wrote:I think I figured it out... the 4 MuDrum racks send only to the 4 racks in the MuDrum. So A goes to B, C, D. Not the racks in the VST rack section. Is that correct? Any way to route the sends to the main Rack section?

Also... does drag and drop midi from VSTs work in MuLab? May have asked this but forgot.
You are correct. No way to send the "sends" outside MuDrum, but you could put all the 'external' racks inside a MUX, put the MUX in Mudrum rack D and set up the send to D.
There usually is a way... :)

D&D from VSTs does work (Realxxx, Addictive Drums).

Hmmm... I have 2 drum plugs that do D&D, Nerve, and the D&D doesn't work? I also have iDrum and it doesn't work either... I'm on a Mac of course so I guess it's my tortured path to walk. :)

Is there any way to have the browser default to the user folders instead of the app folder??? It always shows the app folder and I have all my clips etc. in my user folder.

Nice video Jo! If you have time, show more on the drag'n'drop because that is just so damn sexy! I love dragging my instruments to create a track there on the left ..... and to save a rack. v5 is HUGE!
What software did you use to make the video? I've had the urge for a while to do a video showcasing mulab/mux. To show why I like it so much, why it is the best :)
:hug:

DHR53 wrote:I think I figured it out... the 4 MuDrum racks send only to the 4 racks in the MuDrum. So A goes to B, C, D. Not the racks in the VST rack section. Is that correct?
Yes!

I've added this to the rack docs:

A rack can send and output only to the modules (e.g. racks) in the same modular context as the rack itself. So racks in the Session MUX can only send and output to the other modules in that Session MUX, racks in the MuDrum can only send/output to the racks in that MuDrum, racks in a MUX can only send/output to the racks in that MUX, etc.
Any way to route the sends to the main Rack section?
Andreas' solution is a good one.
Alternatively you could use the individual outputs of the MuDrum to route sub-mixes to other modules in the same MUX. But then you indeed need to use the MuDrum in a MUX, not in a rack, so that you can reach its individual outputs.

DHR53 wrote:Is there any way to have the browser default to the user folders instead of the app folder??? It always shows the app folder and I have all my clips etc. in my user folder.
The 'Where' is stored in the session file. You could update the 'New' session template so that the browser is setup as you want whenever you create a new session.

Crackbaby wrote:Nice video Jo!
Thanks!
If you have time, show more on the drag'n'drop because that is just so damn sexy! I love dragging my instruments to create a track there on the left ..... and to save a rack. v5 is HUGE!
More tutorial videos to come.
What software did you use to make the video?
Sony Movie Studio.
I've had the urge for a while to do a video showcasing mulab/mux. To show why I like it so much, why it is the best :)
That would be nice. Once you have a workflow for creating such videos, it's fun. Note that there is a built-in screen video recorder in MuLab which will create perfect quality videos (when using the Camstudio lossless codec) and including the audio in perfect quality. So the resulting video is in perfect shape for post editing. More info about that here: http://www.mutools.com//mulab/everest/d ... order.html Note that this is not an 'official' feature, it's only meant as an add-on for users that can handle it. If you would have questions about it, email me.

About templates. If i save one called "New" it won't replace the "New" that's loaded by default (the one in app folder and not user folder). If replace the app-New with user-New in explorer it will only be overwritten the next time i install a mulab update. Could you possible have the three starting templates in the user folder instead? Or, though i bet it's more trouble, have the user-New have priority over App-New. Or, let the user pick starting template him/herself (maybe you can?! if so -> :oops:)

Crackbaby wrote:Or, though i bet it's more trouble, have the user-New have priority over App-New.
That's the case! Make sure you save your New.MuSession in your user library/MuSession/Templates
That should do the trick.
Or, let the user pick starting template him/herself (maybe you can?! if so -> :oops:)
That's implicitly done by setting up your preferred New.MuSession. Then on startup choose "New" and you get what you want.

I'm using up my support questions... I know! But, thanks for the answers on the MuDrum and Browser. I have to say the browser and MuClips is something I can really use. And something that sets MuLab apart AFAIK. Really helps getting things going for someone who is trying to get ideas down quickly... Me! Next question/observation...

MuDrum: would be interesting if the sends under 3 pads would go to 1 rack (no. 4) and the four "individual" slots could be sent to. So each slot in rack 4, could have a different FX and the sends from racks 1,2,3 could send to the individual slots on rack 4. As it is I can really only use 1 fx in rack 4 if it's say a reverb? As I wouldn't put Reverb, Chorus and distortion in 1 rack? Although I'd like to be able to send to those individually. Yes I know I can wire up a monster mux to do this, but for some of us who don't have the time for modular madness... a lot of the pre-built goodness in MuLab is what makes it great for everyone.

Also, when I go to save the session, I still get that long stream of { bracketed } stuff that is not highlighted and on the mac is even hard to click on and type text in? I thought that was fixed ???

Cheers! 8)

Is there anyway to get my MuLab 5 key?
Pineapple Lounge Records
http://www.pineappleloungerecords.com

Mattox wrote:Is there anyway to get my MuLab 5 key?
email Jo directly and ask for it and you shall receive!

Return to “MUTOOLS”