MuLab 5.0.39 (pre-release)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah I agree with both of then. +1 and +1
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

EvilDragon wrote: By default it should follow the color of Top Panel Display Color, I'd suggest...
+1 good suggestion :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

DHR53 wrote:A couple things I noticed... when I hit the space bar to start play in the arrange window it starts playback in the browser. Is that unavoidable and or focus has to be established by clicking on the arrange window?
Key presses indeed always go to the focused UI component. Cfr http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest/do ... -info.html
Also is there a way to have the preview (browser) off by setting? Seems like it keeps turning back on whether I turn it off.
The auto preview is indeed not yet saved in the session file. Taken note on the wishlist.

dakkra wrote:1. The new Musynth look has settled my ocd.
What does that expression mean? I don't understand it.

sl23 wrote:In MuSynth, there's option to Choose Colour, but the colour doesn't actually change! This either in the Menu or by R-clicking a 'module' name on the Front Panel of the Synth.
Choosing a color for a module only colors the track header that connects to it, and also colors the module box in the deep editor.

I've been playing with the idea to also color the front panel with that module color i.e. the front panel of MUXes that don't have a customized front panel.
(edit: but this idea is not realizable on short term at least not for the factory synth and effect devices (mudrum, musynth, muverb, ...))

Maybe that's also what you were expecting?
Last edited by mutools on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

EvilDragon wrote:By default it should follow the color of Top Panel Display Color, I'd suggest...
It does! I don't understand why you say this. Please elaborate.

Nielzie wrote:
EvilDragon wrote: By default it should follow the color of Top Panel Display Color, I'd suggest...
+1 good suggestion :)
I don't get it... Please elaborate.

When a user has chosen the Top Panel display color to be blue (for example), that the knobs and other GUI elements of the MuSynth are also colored in blue by default :)
Last edited by Nielzie on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

OCD = obsessive compulsive disorder.
:hug:

Yes i googled that but i don't understand what dakkra means with it.

There is a new MuLab 5.0.35 package available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest

This is what's changed since M5.0.34:
  • Fixed a problem with undoing edits to certain types of audio files.
  • Reverted the MuSynth looks to the previous version. (Colors and tastes...)
Because of the new changes in the MuSynth UI best to install the complete new package. As always you can copy your user settings into that new installation, cfr http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... ation.html

You can also apply a quick app/exe update but then the MuSynth graphics won't be updated. Use the relevant one of the 3 small zip files in the everest web folder. If you go this way be sure to update both the MuLab.app/.exe and the MuLab.ID files!

Basically I meant that text labels and knobs/sliders/etc. of MuSynth (and others) should change color, NOT the header and backgrounds!

It is kind of weird to see the whole GUI in blue, and then you open MuSynth and it's RED, you open MuPad and it's YELLOW, you open MuSampla and it's ORANGE, etc....

Should follow the color of other GUI elements. If text labels everywhere are blue, so should the MuSynth controls be.

For example, patches "Aliasing", "AMPed Bass 1", and similar, follow the look of the rest of the GUI. MuThingies don't.

Of course it must be possible that certain devices use a customized look. Otherwise the whole feature of the custom front panels would be nonsense.

Here's what I meant. This is MuLAB right now:

This is suggestion for default look (depending on color scheme selected):

And THEN, if the user goes "Choose color", it should change THESE elements, not the frame or whatever...

mutools wrote:
dakkra wrote:1. The new Musynth look has settled my ocd.
What does that expression mean? I don't understand it.
It means my mind is at peace with it. OCD has the tendancy to yell at you when something in unbalance (like the oscillator used to be) or disorder. What I'm saying is that I no longer have that insane feeling that it's unbalanced. It's a good thing. :wink:
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”