Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

MUX 5 Vst Test

dakkra
KVRian

829 posts since 4 Oct, 2012, from Utah

Postby dakkra; Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:38 am

I think the biggest problem with that idea tough is the fact that external VST use alot more CPU power than the DAW itself. At the "Mulab 5 VST" point, we might as well just use rewire. At this point the MUX can't really get any bigger (Other than some modules). The practicality of that isn't even there. Having a DAW as a VST is overkill. I think the MUX, for the most part, is good where it is. Small things like frequency modulation, phase distortion, etc... would bring it up to speed. Other than that the MUX is as close to a DAW as it should be IMO.
sl23
KVRian

1399 posts since 28 Mar, 2008, from U.K.

Postby sl23; Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:44 am

Ok never knew that. It wasn't so much a suggestion as an enquiry anyway :-)
Live for an ideal and leave no place in the mind for anything else.

- MuLab and MuX Patches
- SyMenu -
pquenin
KVRian

589 posts since 26 Jul, 2001, from france

Postby pquenin; Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:04 am

dakkra wrote:I think the biggest problem with that idea tough is the fact that external VST use alot more CPU power than the DAW itself. At the "Mulab 5 VST" point, we might as well just use rewire. At this point the MUX can't really get any bigger (Other than some modules). The practicality of that isn't even there. Having a DAW as a VST is overkill. I think the MUX, for the most part, is good where it is. Small things like frequency modulation, phase distortion, etc... would bring it up to speed. Other than that the MUX is as close to a DAW as it should be IMO.

I totally agree. MUX is not a DAW and must not become one.

The ability to create Muclips in the MUX make sense, but I wonder why Jo want to add compositions into the MUX, and why he thinks it's a dream ?
mfkne
KVRist

241 posts since 17 Sep, 2004, from Good Old Germany

Postby mfkne; Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:14 am

What about MUX for Mac?

Mu.Lab is for Mac, too.... :-o
Lost in Music...
mutools
KVRAF

9113 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:41 am

There is no ETA yet.