Feature request, I think: Velocity as a modulator for instrument and effect parameters

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sweet! do you have a page for every module? lets link to your pages from inside mux!

edit: DOH! your blog isnt quite what i meant... but hey it would be nice to do that right? maybe ill do that since i know wordpress pretty well. hmmm you gave me a good idea!

> DiGiT < wrote:sweet! do you have a page for every module? lets link to your pages from inside mux!
I don't have that much detail (yet). I do tutorials and explanations on how things work. For example my latest video showed how to manage vocals and use Tal Vocoder to morph them. Another showed how to use Midi Generative VST within the MUX. Things like that. I will eventually do a "Getting started with Mulab" series and also explain how to use the MUX and its modules. I need to keep a life while I'm at it though :wink:
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

hmm i think ill start a blog with all the modules of mux and anybody can say anything they want about any module and upload any example files... what do you guys think of that?

> DiGiT < wrote:hmm i think ill start a blog with all the modules of mux and anybody can say anything they want about any module and upload any example files... what do you guys think of that?
It's a good idea. Main problem is that the modules can be used for different things. Like a LFO can be used to modulate a frequency or it can be used to turn audio on and off.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

thats why anyone can get their say and even leave an example mux demonstrating said module in use by responding to the blog post... then it can be copied to a wiki or manual etc

A place to post screenshots and actual presets sounds like a great idea. Would a blog have the organization that you want, though? It would be sequential, so that similar presets or lines of thought would be separated. Would a forum be better, letting users post presets for delays and reverbs etc into categories? Maybe the good people at Mulab could host a forum of that kind?

(It's the one bad thing about kvr--a great place to interact with many developers and learn a lot, but there is no simple way to share files.)

yeah would be great but i think thats why jo is here rather than on his own forum... it simplifies this part of his life <<< assumption :?

I'm idiot, can somebody just please send me MuSynth wired and ready to go, that way I could maybe actually get it, I tried, but I'm just idiot, there's no sound or there's no desired effect, all I want is just to have volume responding to note velocity for typical 16th note bass sound :cry:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

There are some in the factory patches -- try "I Like Moog", for example. Three oscillators with velocity to volume a 10%, plus velocity to Resonance on the filter at 44%.

Or for a slightly simpler patch, "Pluck 1" - single osc, velocity to volume at 40%, plus envelope with velocity tracking at 100% driving a filter. ("Pluck 1" is bassy enough my computer monitor speakers can't cope with low notes: it's fine on my DT770M headphones, though, or with a better bass speaker.)

Thanks for input, but still I don't know what is done, stuff doesn't look similar to any screenshots from first page of this thread as far as modules go, really would like to get a hang on this, because it's really essential thing :scared:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Return to “MUTOOLS”