MUX 5 Vst Keeps Crashing (Fixed)

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Satch1 wrote:Yes the image is when using Automap.
I'm working on an improved MUX Vst that has increased stability in the VST interface. Chance is high that this new version will not have that crash/weird text problem anymore.
Regarding Valhalla FreqEcho, I just inserted it without changing anything. It stops audio going to the output... disabling it using the yellow button in the MUX plugin window lets the audio pass to the output. I wonder if this is a fault of MUX or FreqEcho, or any other vst's behave this way. Time will tell I suppose.
And you have connected FreqEcho inside the MUX so that audio can stream from MUX input thru FreqEcho to MUX output?

mutools wrote:I'm working on an improved MUX Vst that has increased stability in the VST interface. Chance is high that this new version will not have that crash/weird text problem anymore.
That's good news, I hope it goes well, thanks.
Quote:
Regarding Valhalla FreqEcho, I just inserted it without changing anything. It stops audio going to the output... disabling it using the yellow button in the MUX plugin window lets the audio pass to the output. I wonder if this is a fault of MUX or FreqEcho, or any other vst's behave this way. Time will tell I suppose.

And you have connected FreqEcho inside the MUX so that audio can stream from MUX input thru FreqEcho to MUX output?
I've just tested FreqEcho again, and it bloody worked. :? I have no idea why it didn't work before. Like I said, when I disabled it the audio then passed to the output, so everything was connected correctly. Very strange. We'll see if it happens again. I've just had a crash with FreqEcho actually, so maybe it's a bit buggy.

Satch1 wrote:
mutools wrote:I'm working on an improved MUX Vst that has increased stability in the VST interface. Chance is high that this new version will not have that crash/weird text problem anymore.
That's good news, I hope it goes well, thanks.
Check back in +- an hour ;)
I've just tested FreqEcho again, and it bloody worked. :? I have no idea why it didn't work before. Like I said, when I disabled it the audio then passed to the output, so everything was connected correctly.
The fact that it worked in bypass mode does not mean your connections were right. When bypassing a MUX, the inner connections of that MUX are also bypassed.

mutools wrote:Check back in +- an hour
Superb! :D
The fact that it worked in bypass mode does not mean your connections were right. When bypassing a MUX, the inner connections of that MUX are also bypassed.
No I didn't bypass the whole MUX, just the FreqEcho. So if the connections were incorrect I wouldn't hear the audio when bypassed.

You can grab the MUX Vst 5.0.41 update here: http://www.mutools.com/mux/app-patch/

See ReadMe.txt for update instructions.

What's changed since M5.0.39:
  • Fixed a crash bug when doing "Close All Module Editors" when VST editors are open.
  • Fixed a problem when replacing a VST plugin by another VST plugin while having opened a generic VST editor for that plugin.
  • Increased stability of the VST plug-in interface.
Satch1, is this version stable when used with AutoMap?

Great stuff, cheers Jo. I'll check it out and get back to you. :wink:

Hi Jo, good news, everything's working nicely so far. Hopefully it'll stay that way. Thanks very much indeed. :D

Thanks for your feedback! If you notice anything wrong (except for the vst plugin JUCE popup menu issue, which is outside my control) let me know. Cheers!

mutools wrote:Thanks for your feedback
You're welcome, happy to help.
If you notice anything wrong (except for the vst plugin JUCE popup menu issue, which is outside my control) let me know.
Will do, and FYI, the menu's are working fine at the moment, but maybe that won't be the case another time. We'll see. Thanks again Jo. :wink:

Return to “MUTOOLS”