will / is full automatic PDC available in MuLab 5 ?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

never noticed this and have used so much gear and software from cubase on atari's onwards and have never had problems. had various drum machines and hardware sequencers too (yamaha rmix for instance) and didn't feel there was a difference in timing etc. can anyone post a mulab song where plug in delay is noticeable?

i would tend to agree that this could be on the higher side of important since after youre done creating your music, nobody is looking at the nifty features the program you used to make the music has... they are only listening to the result and this directly impacts the result. of course if its a major pain to code in there then nvrmnd :P

As long as there is a way to turn it on and off I would be happy to have it. My main dislike about PDC in general is that if you have a rather laggy plugin it compensates by delaying the whole setup. I don't like having my setup delayed. If anything I will find a work around to get the same sound without dealing with the delay of a plugin (MUX FTW!). Granted missing things in the MUX get in the way but then we load SIMPLE yet useful plugins to fix the holes in the MUX. As Jo said those things will (hopefully) be added into the MUX and then we won't have a very big use for external plugins.

Just my two cents on this matter :D
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

indeed another way to look at it

You have to be able to turn off PDC when playing live -- although, in this situation, you really want to be bypassing any delay-inducing plug-ins in your signal path, so that's another way of looking at it and also another feature a PDC implementation could deliver.

I'm in the position where I generally avoid delay-bearing plug-ins because I work so much from playing live. If I could have a set up where there was Auto-PDC when I'm arranging and an easy "Bypass Delaying Plug-ins" mode when I'm recording or just playing, that would be a really good feature.

If we get another poll for features in the next major release, I think this might get my vote. With multi-core now present, it's probably all I'm missing. (I don't remember what I said last time!! :hihi:)

Although, as dakkra says... replacing those delaying plugins with MuX presets is definitely an option... I must spend more time learning the tools! :)

mutools wrote:There are many items on the wishlist and many other challenges out there (RE, tablets, mobiles, networking,...)
Are you planning on making MuLab work with touchscreens eventually? That'd be friggin pure awesomeness!!!

I know I'm not pro because I've never even noticed it... :)

pljones wrote:You have to be able to turn off PDC when playing live -- although, in this situation, you really want to be bypassing any delay-inducing plug-ins in your signal path, so that's another way of looking at it and also another feature a PDC implementation could deliver.

I'm in the position where I generally avoid delay-bearing plug-ins because I work so much from playing live. If I could have a set up where there was Auto-PDC when I'm arranging and an easy "Bypass Delaying Plug-ins" mode when I'm recording or just playing, that would be a really good feature.

If we get another poll for features in the next major release, I think this might get my vote. With multi-core now present, it's probably all I'm missing. (I don't remember what I said last time!! :hihi:)

Although, as dakkra says... replacing those delaying plugins with MuX presets is definitely an option... I must spend more time learning the tools! :)
Yes, an On / Off Feature für APDC is a good idea! With that, live and studio musicians would be happy! And a live musician has to produce its setup beforehand, too.

But replacing delaying plugins with MUX presets ... I think that's not always a good solution!? I have and use many 3rd party plugins like Omnisphere, Trilian, East West, Curve, Surge, Sylenth, Vanguard, Tal Uno ... and dynamic plugins from Flux and others and many many FX and midi VSTs, too. For them over the years I programmed many own presets, banks with many midi chords and progression basics ... that was really a hard work because I did that all from scratch and I didn't use presets!

So switching to and learning another DAW is OK but starting 100% from scratch, that I would never do again because I'm still some years older now, too! I don't want to create my next album if I'm a grandpa ... :D

That all makes sense of course. As I said it's what what I generally do. I use Synthmaster frequently throughout my tracks as well as many different effects. I think it's perfectly fine to use external VSTs. As I also said before, as long as I can turn it on and off I'm happy to have it.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”