mulab instrumen: musynth and musampler

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:idea: What would be really cool if we would draw our own filter! Then set the frequency point and what part of the filter it moves. Resonance could be the tightness on an eq or like the resonance on a lowpass/highpass filter. What do you think?

Also the ability to adjust the slop would be nice
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Good ideas :-D

Also, how about importing formants for filters ala Tone2's RayBlaster or would that be a copyright issue?

so now seems im not the only one who doesnt like those filter.

i could be very happy just with the ugo rez filter

rozzilla wrote:so now seems im not the only one who doesnt like those filter.
No it's not that. The current filter is very nice sounding. But we would like to have more flavours of nice instead of just one :wink:

Nielzie wrote:
rozzilla wrote:so now seems im not the only one who doesnt like those filter.
No it's not that. The current filter is very nice sounding. But we would like to have more flavours of nice instead of just one :wink:
Exactly! MuLab's filter is nice and can be harsh if you add two resonant filters in series! But, the main thing that gives a sound character is the filter and if there were different flavours it'd be even better.

But whether the different flavours are preset or 'buildable' is another thing. If buildable then it needs to be simple to do to avoid making MuLab/Mux another SynthMaker. I don't think it needs to go that far. Though I've not tried it, Diva is a good example of how different flavours are a good thing.

I find that MuLab's filter is like Roland's, even when you put a dirty sound through it it still sounds 'clean'.

It's a shame the architecture of MuX doesn't allow VST effects to be plugged into the innards of things like the PolySynth module -- that would open things up a lot. I vaguely remember it not being possible, though.

You can plugin VSTs into the MUX, but indeed not into the PolySynth. Besides other possible technical issues, using a VST in the PolySynth would mean that that VST has to be instanciated for each voice! That would be troublesome usage for many VSTs i think.

mutools wrote:using a VST in the PolySynth would mean that that VST has to be instanciated for each voice! That would be troublesome usage for many VSTs i think.
That was it... I couldn't remember what you'd said last time it was raised. I guess you could have a separate audio out from the polysynth for routing to any VST effects you wanted, like a send channel, that got mixed back in the containing MuX -- but it wouldn't be at voice level, so that degree of control would be gone.

(Something makes me think "a CSound or Pd module would be nice"... ;))

I wouldn't mind having a cpu meltdown if i could use the drop as a polyphonic filter :D bring it on! :D I actually tried building a polyphonic synth in mux (with vst filters) but it got a bit complex using InsertPizHere's midi plugins.
I had more success using it as a monophonic filter playing chords. Lots of fun! :)
:hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”