Small wishes

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. That a just recorded audio or midi part automatically becomes the currently selected part so it can be more quickly edited or deleted after you stop recording.

2. Clicking in an empty part of the grid would locate the playback cursor when not playing. At least as an option. Saves mouse movement.

3. Perhaps a small indicator in the timeline tracking the current lateral position of the cursor so you can more easily see where you're going to split stuff. I can see arguments against this one...

-Jon

jonljacobi wrote:2. Clicking in an empty part of the grid would locate the playback cursor when not playing. At least as an option. Saves mouse movement.
Such clicking in the composer is already reserved for select/unselect actions.
But i understand that you want an alternative/quicker way to change the play position. Taken note on the WL to add a shortcut function for that.
Perhaps a small indicator in the timeline tracking the current lateral position of the cursor so you can more easily see where you're going to split stuff. I can see arguments against this one...
Note that the mouse position is also displayed in the info box at the bottom-right of the composer / sequence editor.

mutools wrote:
jonljacobi wrote:2. Clicking in an empty part of the grid would locate the playback cursor when not playing. At least as an option. Saves mouse movement.
Such clicking in the composer is already reserved for select/unselect actions.
But i understand that you want an alternative/quicker way to change the play position. Taken note on the WL to add a shortcut function for that.
I only see click-and-hold employed, but there's a lot of stuff in there that I don't use so... This is just something I'm used to and saves a lot of mouse movement.
Perhaps a small indicator in the timeline tracking the current lateral position of the cursor so you can more easily see where you're going to split stuff. I can see arguments against this one...

Note that the mouse position is also displayed in the info box at the bottom-right of the composer / sequence editor.
My only argument here might be that the timeline is the primary focus for things positional, and the readout is way off the normal sight line (at least mine) in the lower right. With my normal setup, I quite often can't even keep the cursor in sight when I move my eyes to the readout. then again, I like the clean timeline.

Current cursor position at the top of the context menu? It's not necessary.

Like I said, it's small stuff and arguable. Just throwing it out there.

jonljacobi wrote:
mutools wrote:Note that the mouse position is also displayed in the info box at the bottom-right of the composer / sequence editor.
My only argument here might be that the timeline is the primary focus for things positional, and the readout is way off the normal sight line (at least mine) in the lower right. With my normal setup, I quite often can't even keep the cursor in sight when I move my eyes to the readout. then again, I like the clean timeline.
(not arguing, just brainstorming:) But then the same reasoning may apply when the readout would be in the timebar. I mean: On a large screen the mouse cursor and the timebar may also be some 'eye distance' form eachother, right?

True enough, though in my case I tend to look at the top. A matter of habit. It would be interesting if others would chime in about this.

Then again, you've kind of put one function in two places but . Just the tiniest tick following the cursor up there might help. The only other ideas I have are using a tool tip to track it or putting the edit location at the top of the context menu, though I'm not sure I really like either of those.

I have been practicing looking at the existing readout and am getting used to it.

Return to “MUTOOLS”