could someone draw me a quick picture of mux developement in last couple of months

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm sorry for this retarded question, but I'm a bit confused. I had a couple of months of break in following music stuff. Now I found out that in the meanwhile mux has been updated to 5.something version. My version is signed 1.2 and is dated October 2012. So did I miss four major updates? The new version will not accept my key, so I guess something major happened. History on mutools site doesn't even mention version 1.2 and I'm kind of lost.

The versioning for MuX was brought in line with MuLab, as it's more or less the same code. 1.x -> 5.x with nothing between. (More precisely, mux-1-2-0 was followed by mux-5-0-37, I believe.)

Thank you for info. I get the picture. Quite a cryptic move from my point of view. Apparently there's no update option for MUX, so I guess I'm not updating.

The alignment of the version numbers was the best for both the users and developer because the MUX integrated in MuLab and the MUX Vst grow in parrallel. Now it's more comfortable to speak about a certain MUX version. By the way: MUX Vst 5 was a free update for MUX Vst 1 users!

OK, thank you for further decryption. I understand that personal key system has changed for MUX vst, so how do I update?

When MUX Vst 5 was released all registered users received a new personal MUX 5 Vst user key. Maybe it was sorted in your spam folder? Feel free to email me with your registration name / email so i can resend your MUX 5 Vst user key if necessary.

It's weird as I had spam filtering disabled. Never mind, I wrote you to infodesk, which is probably what I should have done in the beginning. Thank you.

Email well received and replied. You're using another email address than before maybe that explains things.

Just one more question, if I may. Would it be technically possible to have both versions (1.2 & 5) installed at the time, given I cloud fool the host about plugin id (eg. using another wrapper)? I was under impression that all setting are being stored simply in the folder, but maybe there would be some registry overlapping?

Zombie Queen wrote:Would it be technically possible to have both versions (1.2 & 5) installed at the time
Yes, no prob.
I was under impression that all setting are being stored simply in the folder
Correct.
but maybe there would be some registry overlapping?
Nope.

Thanks. It was easier than I thought, thanks to my outdated software I can change VST id simply by editing the registry, as I've just learned. Still dropdown menus are unavailable in certain plugins, hard luck.

Return to “MUTOOLS”