Bit bridging

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I've tried Mulab before and I almost bought MUX, but what prevent me to do it is the lack of bit bridging. I know you just said that it is not planed for Mulab.
But when I saw MUX I felt like "woaaw the ultimate modular environment as a VST plugin, possibilities are endless, I will can make new fx, new instruments, and combine my many free plugs into powerful tools" like the only thing I ever need would have been MUX. I want a multi-band compressor ? I do it in MUX. I want to take 4 free synths that sounds ok to make a super-layered synth that sounds huge, I do it in MUX. But then I realized the possibilites were not so endless because I can finally use half my collection of vst with MUX32 and the other half with MUX64, and they will never meet. I know there is jBridge but I don't want do use another layer I would like MUX to be the layer, making me load 32/64 vst in any host. Just my thought as a potential customer.

Davias wrote:Hello,

I've tried Mulab before and I almost bought MUX, but what prevent me to do it is the lack of bit bridging. I know you just said that it is not planed for Mulab.
But when I saw MUX I felt like "woaaw the ultimate modular environment as a VST plugin, possibilities are endless, I will can make new fx, new instruments, and combine my many free plugs into powerful tools" like the only thing I ever need would have been MUX. I want a multi-band compressor ? I do it in MUX. I want to take 4 free synths that sounds ok to make a super-layered synth that sounds huge, I do it in MUX. But then I realized the possibilites were not so endless because I can finally use half my collection of vst with MUX32 and the other half with MUX64, and they will never meet. I know there is jBridge but I don't want do use another layer I would like MUX to be the layer, making me load 32/64 vst in any host. Just my thought as a potential customer.
I agree. I would really like integrated bridging. More layer = more CPU = more latency = Not so good music. If it becomes integrated and part of Mulab/MUX then that would make a smaller mess
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Davias wrote:I know there is jBridge but I don't want do use another layer I would like MUX to be the layer, making me load 32/64 vst in any host.
dakkra wrote:I agree. I would really like integrated bridging. More layer = more CPU = more latency = Not so good music. If it becomes integrated and part of Mulab/MUX then that would make a smaller mess
Whether integrated or not, the bridging layer has to be there anyway. I think jBridge does a good job. And it's only 15 USD. I think it's a good solution.

I guess I wasn't clear while talking about the layer, I talk about the fact that you have to run jbridge, make bridged dlls, scan your folders. I have 2000+ vst 32/64 mixed in same folders. And my SSD is already full so I stick to daw with integrated bridges only :D but I guess I'm a special case.

mutools wrote:
Davias wrote:I know there is jBridge but I don't want do use another layer I would like MUX to be the layer, making me load 32/64 vst in any host.
dakkra wrote:I agree. I would really like integrated bridging. More layer = more CPU = more latency = Not so good music. If it becomes integrated and part of Mulab/MUX then that would make a smaller mess
Whether integrated or not, the bridging layer has to be there anyway. I think jBridge does a good job. And it's only 15 USD. I think it's a good solution.
True but if you built/integrated a bridge wouldn't be more compliant with the DAW thus making it more usable? (sorry if I sound like a child by trying to point things out that I do not know much about. I simply speak from a small amount of experience) Also I am having problems with Jbridge (talking to the dev about it) so I am running out of options on that.

Also Davias has a good point about files crated and used with Jbridge
My Setup.

(I splitted this to a separate topic)

Hey Dakkra may i ask what problems you're having with Jbridge?

Basically I get an error while it bridges files. An R6034. And when I try to load the bridged files into mulab they aren't added because Mulab sees them weird (I don't exactly know what the problem is as I am not a programmer)
My Setup.

And what does the JBridge dev say?

He wanted to know what specific version of windows I'm using. And he's asked me to install/re-install the MC VC++ Libraries. I'm going to see how it works out real quick as I just got the message

Edit:

Well it didn't work out. Still having problems. I'm waiting for a reply at this point
My Setup.

At this point he thinks I'm out of luck. :( . So yeah integrated bridging would be nice if possible. For both 32 and 64 bit.
My Setup.

+1 for integrated bridging, for what it's worth ;-)

Some other thought about bit-bridging: It's all about a temporary problem because day by day those 32 bit VST plugs that are not updated by their devs towards a 64 bit version gets more and more outdated. Question: Are those abandonned VSTs so unreplacable for you guys? (or am i missing something?)

Oh and i hope Microsoft/Apple/... finally designed their OSes in such a way that the next transition (128 bit i guess) is already prepared so that we don't have to suffer from all this hassle again...

mutools wrote:Question: Are those abandonned VSTs so unreplacable for you guys? (or am i missing something?)
Some are: Synth1, Fuzzpilz Oatmeal, all Variety Of Sound plugins (SynthMaker...), any good stuff made with SynthEdit (OP-X Pro II and Elektrostudio come to mind...)

I think 128-bit won't happen that soon, really.

Well luckily in those very specific fading out cases there still is jBridge. I'm evaluating to add extra support for jBridge into MuLab so that it is easier to use and you don't have to create those extra jBridge files on your HD.

Return to “MUTOOLS”