Great MUX review from Computer Music Magazine

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've found a great review of MUX on Musicradar:

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... mux-579122

Seems to be a consolation for Jo after the bad superficial MULAB review! :D

I've already bought MUX many months ago... I must admit that I still haven't used it much because I need more time to work in but it's one of the most capable modular synths and modular effect units out there!

And I hope that it still gets some generators more...for example I didn't know how to make Unisono - there is some "Fat" control but no Unisono generator...

(And, no, I'm not affiliated with the Computer Music Magazine, but after posting about the bad review about MuLab, I thought I should post about this great review about MUX, too!)

Aren't there more MUX aficionados? :o

We are too busy using it :love:
MUXing around :D
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Wasn't that other review dumb for not giving much credit to MUX in Mulab?

Much better review, and yes busy using it :)

liquidsound wrote:MUXing around :D
Ahh, that's why most MUX users haven't been seen for months... :lol:

They bolt themselves in their basements creating the strangest modular MUX instruments & effects...even the neighbors don't know anything about it... :wink:

Happy with this positive review! Working on the next MuLab and MUX so things can only get better.

Tricky-Loops wrote:Aren't there more MUX aficionados? :o
Would be if Jo would hurry up and bring it out on Mac

Tricky-Loops wrote: And I hope that it still gets some generators more...for example I didn't know how to make Unisono - there is some "Fat" control but no Unisono generator...
So no supersaw in MUX?

No feedback connections in MUX either. When that becomes possible, I'll probably purchase. :)

ferez21 wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote: And I hope that it still gets some generators more...for example I didn't know how to make Unisono - there is some "Fat" control but no Unisono generator...
So no supersaw in MUX?
The MUX oscillators are one of the fattest i know!! And in the next version you'll even get much more control over that fatness = unisono. (it's the same)

mutools wrote:
ferez21 wrote:
So no supersaw in MUX?
The MUX oscillators are one of the fattest i know!! And in the next version you'll even get much more control over that fatness = unisono. (it's the same)
Sounds great, but practically, how do i create a supersaw type of sound?

See http://www.youtube.com/user/Trancit01

And as said above: In the next version there will be much more practical control over that fatness aka unison feature resulting in more creative options.

In detail: The MUX oscillators' fatness feature can result in up to 25 super layers. Now in the current MuLab/MUX 5.1.5 there only is the fatness+detune+spread controls to control these super layers. In the next version you'll be able to have precise control over all these 25 super layers. So each super layer can have its own pitch, volume, pan, phase etc... So you can even make fat chords with it. You can use less super layers too of course, no obligation to use 25.

mutools wrote:Working on the next MuLab and MUX so things can only get better.
:tu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJE5cBGgTSU

ferez21 wrote:Sounds great, but practically, how do i create a supersaw type of sound?
Also see these presets:

Trance Thin Out
Trance To Dance
Analog Trance 1
Punchy Lead
Trance Lead
De La Sause
BA Stylish

And i'm sure with the forthcoming extended oscillator fatness feature there will come many more 'superfat' presets.

This is weird. MuLab got burned down because of the "outdated" GUI, menu's, workflow, etc. but MUX, which is basically the same got compliments about it :?
MUX Reviewer wrote:Working with MUX is surprisingly intuitive. The interface is clean and clear, and mouse-over hints and right-click menus help you along.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “MUTOOLS”