MuLab: recorded audio playback track is delayed to original MIDI track

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

- create a new MuSession (contains now MASTER and Basic Synth Rack)
- create a midi sequence with 1/128th notes
- add Send to Audio File Recorder to last "Basic Synth Rack" slot
- record with Record Audio
- create a new Rack 3
- connect recorded Audio file track to target module Rack 3
- start looped playback

now you should hear a delay between original MIDI track and recorded audio track

Normally things should be fine. But:

If an audio recorder also records from audio input then the resulting audio recording will get a start locator that compensates for the device input latency so that the result sounds in sync.

Now if you would have setup your audio recorder via the session mux and both connected audio input and internal source to the audio recorder you could have a mixed situation. And so or audio input or internal source will be out of sync. Solution: Record external and internal sources using separate audio recorders so there are separate audio files and so they can be delay compensated separately.

Another aspect: If you manually insert/drop that audio recording file on the composer it won't yet use the delay compensation marker so you also have to go into audio lab, right click that marker -> Set As Part Start.

Normally this is all done automatically when recording ends.

NB: Extended the docs: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/recording.html

mutools wrote:Normally things should be fine. But:

If an audio recorder also records from audio input then the resulting audio recording will get a start locator that compensates for the device input latency so that the result sounds in sync.

Now if you would have setup your audio recorder via the session mux and both connected audio input and internal source to the audio recorder you could have a mixed situation. And so or audio input or internal source will be out of sync. Solution: Record external and internal sources using separate audio recorders so there are separate audio files and so they can be delay compensated separately.

Another aspect: If you manually insert/drop that audio recording file on the composer it won't yet use the delay compensation marker so you also have to go into audio lab, right click that marker -> Set As Part Start.

Normally this is all done automatically when recording ends.

NB: Extended the docs: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/recording.html
yes, normal Audio recording of a MIDI sequence is synchronised.

but in my case, i like to use audio recording for 1 synth track, witch recieves MIDI input from Kirnu Cream.

Track and Rack 1:
Channelfiler 1
Kirnu Creacm - Init: Chordrhytm 01 1-8K
Send to Rhytm
Send to Digital Accoustic Guitar

Track and Rack 2 "Rhytm":
Channelfilter 13
Digital Accoustic Guitar

Track and Rack 3 "Digital Accoustic Guitar":
Channelfilter 13
Digital Accoustic Guitar

Rack 4 "Recorder Track":

Audio File Recorder:
Record from: "Rhytm"
Monitor to: "Recorder Track"
Chans: "stereo"

audio recording with muted Rack 3 "Digital Accoustic Guitar" creates a audio file on "Recorder Track".

in this example i have two guitars wich plays the same chords, and after recording i have a 3rd guitar audiofile with the same chords, but if you switch between MID and audio track you can hear the the audio track is out of sync.
i don't realy know how i can synchronice that track.

i have sended you my MuSession via email

Return to “MUTOOLS”