MuLab 5.2.15 RC

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a new MuLab 5.2.12 test version available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest/

What's new since the last MuLab 5.2.8:
  • New "Monophonic Note Tracker" module with which you can do retriggered mono mode.
  • PolySynth features mono mode (legato mono mode).
  • MuSynth & PolySynth now also have a polyphony setting.
  • MuSynth now includes a pitch bend range editor.
  • Session editor: Top Panels also use new uniformed look.
  • Session mixdown setup is also stored in session file.
  • Audio recorder editor: Improved layout.
  • Audio recorder: Auto Normalize is off by default.
  • Recorded part(s) are automatically selected.
  • When eg loading oscillator super layer setups, the super layer editor title bar was not properly updated. Fixed.
  • Fixed an issue with converting the previous oscillator fatness settings towards the new super layers settings.
  • Fixed a bug wrt popup menu font sizes eg in case user had set a "MenuFontSize" preference.
  • In certain situations, note-offs that happened at the same time as a new note on, did not get prioritized. Even more they could be a sample frame too late. Fixed.
  • Fixed an issue in the shortcut system when using certain 'Specific' target functions.
  • Fixed a graphical bug wrt the mute button in the part property panels.
  • Several other little improvements.
  • Improved graphics.
  • Improved factory library.
How to install: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... ation.html

Curious for your feedback!
Last edited by mutools on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Some more details about mono mode:

If you want legato mono mode, use polysynth -> options (eg right-click) -> edit polyphony -> mono.

If you want retriggered mono mode, use a Monophonic Note Tracker before the synth. This can also be used for any VST.

Example presets coming soon :)

Here are some factory presets converted to mono mode. Basses and Leads.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/624 ... atches.zip

Looks good... presets sound er, better?

Try this
I forgot this patch in the zip. Updated now.
Seriously better :)

Very nice patch Andreas :) I've replaced the original one in the lib by this one. That's for the next package. Playing with the MUX sound makes me happy that mono mode is finally there. Very nice vintage echo too! 8)

I shall say "thank you" for this one:
> Audio recorder: Auto Normalize is off by default.
even though I don't do audio recording -- because normalised audio has been the bane of my life for the last year, almost.
:)

I like the new graphics.

The changes in MuSynth are welcome, especially Pitch Bend Range. Very good!
iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2009), 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.12.6

I was working on a song with latest version and a couple things occurred to me...

1. When adding new instrument tracks they always show up on the end of the rack area... I always have 4 fx busses in the rack, so I have to keep moving them (new tracks) to the left. And collapsing them. Can we have a buss rack?

2. Is there a cmnd. key for collapse rack?

I think I asked for some interface cmnd. keys in the past but that seems to be a divisive issue for some?

Cheers! :)

mutools wrote:
  • Session mixdown setup is also stored in session file.
:tu: (will try asap - thanks)
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

There is a new MuLab 5.2.14 release candidate version available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest/

What's new since the last MuLab 5.2.12:
  • Oscillator's "Layers" button now pops up a list with the presets and an "Edit" option. This way the presets are more quickly accessible.
  • Finetuned graphics.
  • Extended and finetuned library.
How to install: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... ation.html

Cheers!

Any way to get auto scroll either on or off? I literally have to keep turning it on to see where my composition is on the screen... Doesn't make much sense that it turns off if I scroll with the mouse, since I may zoom in and out of a composition many times?

Maybe some folks don't see it that way? :idea:

DHR53 wrote:Any way to get auto scroll either on or off? I literally have to keep turning it on to see where my composition is on the screen... Doesn't make much sense that it turns off if I scroll with the mouse, since I may zoom in and out of a composition many times?

Maybe some folks don't see it that way? :idea:
I'm in agreement. +1
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Most of the time, I always want to be able to see the play position, so autoscrolling to keep it visible is needed. My mental focus is on the composition in general, although I may be zoomed in to see the detail (and, indeed, want to change zoom level). But I'm not making changes.

Sometimes, though, I'll be working on a part and I want to have that stay on the screen whilst the composition plays - say it's a repeated part, I want to make the change whilst the piece is playing and hear it next time the play position passes across the part. But I don't want it scrolled away.

Those are the two modes of work I see.

Speaking of the repeating part... I do understand that MuLab will repeat playback of that loop start and end which is interesting and auto scroll does seem counter to that looping paradigm. But what would really be cool if you could say play this "part" 3 times and this "part" 1 time on playback. Then record that "composition." Now that would be useful to me, as I end up copying and pasting large sections over and over.

Hmmm, I probably suggested this before, but in the context of auto scroll behavior it seems pertinent.

:)

Return to “MUTOOLS”