Mulab Multi Channel? (FR)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I remember this being discussed before but I had to have a say in it. I got a nice 7.1 digital surround sound headset a bit back with 20hz-20khz frequency and I have been using it to make all my newest tracks. When I enables asio I noticed I had 8 output channels show up.... interesting... So I created multiple session audio outputs and linked different racks to them. The best way I know to express how it sounded was: A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I took an ambient track I'm working on and losed my eyes and the world just seemed to flood away.

So what I would like to see in Mulab is multi channel channel support for audio output (in one output module) and in Mixdown so I can share the experience with those who have similar hardware as I do.

It's a really cool thing to hear!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

So in fact MuLab does already support multi-channel as you composed a 7.1 ambient track ;) About the mixdown (just trying to help with the ready available features): You could mixdown the separate tracks into stereo files and use an external tool to combine these files into a 7.1 wave file.

I've once started with a multichannel panner, but stopped when realizing that it's only usable in the session Mux with all the usual edit/access restrictions. And i'm not sure if there is interest.

So, if there are people intersted in surround, we could collaborate in building a multichannel template.

Andreas

7.1 tracks are readily created using MuLab and Audacity. Add another 3 recorders to the session mux, one per rack of interest. Mixdown will produce four stereo tracks. Open these in Audacity, find the export option that allows multitrack export, and map the stereo tracks to the desired 7.1 tracks.

I have only used this technique for audio + light control of the MindLights audio-visual stimulus device, which uses 7.1 to provide one stereo channel for audio and one channel each for left/right red/green/blue display.

I'm on Linux just now - can't just dive into MuLab - but will be happy to provide further info/session mux example if desired.

Cheers,
Craig

Return to “MUTOOLS”