MUX Vst 5.2.15 RC

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The new MUX Vst 5.2.15 release candidate is available in http://www.mutools.com/mux/everest/

What's changed since the last MUX Vst 5.1.5: http://www.mutools.com/mulab-mux-change-log.html

How to install: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/installation.html

Curious for your feedback!

Great!
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

I like the new looks, but I hate the new MuDrum!!! It looks more out of place and, well, boring! The old style had a central pad to indicate where exactly to click for full velocity. I know that's not exactly hard to do, but that visual aid was welcome. And the squares are just plain boring grey squares!!! What on earth made you make that decision?

Rant over and out... ;-)

Re-skin it..? ;)

sl23 wrote:And the squares are just plain boring grey squares!!! What on earth made you make that decision?
To have a clear difference between off and on pad states.
Note that you can easily edit the colors yourself: MuDrum -> Options -> Edit Device Looks. Same for the MuPad section at the right.

If you find something better, please post a screenshot of your recolored mudrum. If most users find it better i'll use that as standard.

Thanks, I understand the looks can be changed, but the graphics for the MuPads need changing imho. It looked far better before it was changed, now it looks more outdated! Maybe it's just me? :?

Having now actually looked, I think I agree. The new pads give little idea that they're "velocity sensitive" and it's much harder to guess how to get the effect. You could keep the shape and still give a "central zone" which, I think, could work. I'm not a fan of the two greys, either - they flick rather annoyingly as you click the pad (I don't like flickering effects at all). I understand the need to show "note on" and "note off" states separately, though... Some devices have a separate LED...

I may be the only person here who likes the squares. However, a gradient around the center of each pad would be nice to represent "velocity".

Something like this:

My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Yeah, I don't mind the squares. The gradient could also help the flickering, I imagine.

pljones wrote:I'm not a fan of the two greys, either
2 greys?

Off-state indeed is gray by default, but on-state is warm yellowish by default. Both editable though. But i'll try to improve the defaults.
they flick rather annoyingly as you click the pad (I don't like flickering effects at all). I understand the need to show "note on" and "note off" states separately, though... Some devices have a separate LED...
You could edit the MuDrum device looks and make the pad-off-color and pad-on-color closer to each other, that will reduce the flickering effect.

sl23 wrote:The old style had a central pad to indicate where exactly to click for full velocity.
I'll see if i can bring that back in some way.
And the squares are just plain boring grey squares!
The squares will stay, for good reasons, sorry. But i'll see if i can improve the coloring defaults, that may also make a difference.

mutools wrote:Off-state indeed is gray by default, but on-state is warm yellowish by default.
I can only guess the brief flash whilst flickering didn't register a colour at all. I'll try some colours out this evening and see if I can find a better pair.

Improved MuDrum looks:

Both previous and this new are in: http://www.mutools.com/temp/

More about the MuDrum looks:

* I would like to keep a clear difference between off-state and on-state for the drum pads, by default. If a user doesn't like this explicit difference (eg pljones) he can easily edit the device colors and bring both drum pad states closer to each other. These colors are stored as user settings and so they'll travel from version to version, no need to resetup.

* Question: Do you guys like the dark-orange/brownish color of the racks and mupad frames at the right? Or is that a rather ugly color that should be changed too, by default?

dakkra wrote:I may be the only person here who likes the squares. However, a gradient around the center of each pad would be nice to represent "velocity".

Something like this:

+1

I never liked the round ones... and i like the looks of that "machine"

* Question: Do you guys like the dark-orange/brownish color of the racks and mupad frames at the right? Or is that a rather ugly color that should be changed too, by default?
I personally dont like it, but it's just a color, it's totally up to each one's prefference...

I dont mind the color, but i would like the pads to be closer to each other and perhaps reduce the Mudrum size as a result of that.

Return to “MUTOOLS”