MUX Vst 5.2.15 RC

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Juan! :)
Juan Mendoza wrote:I dont mind the color, but i would like the pads to be closer to each other and perhaps reduce the Mudrum size as a result of that.
The size of the MuDrum is also defined by the size of the racks and the size of the MuPad at the right. It can't be made smaller without decreasing comfort, i think.

mutools wrote:Hey Juan! :)

The size of the MuDrum is also defined by the size of the racks and the size of the MuPad at the right. It can't be made smaller without decreasing comfort, i think.
Hey Jo! nice to "see" (read) you again! I'm back to music with renewed spirits :)

Yes, i overlooked the space reserverd for E3 in that screenshoot.

Question, is it possible to make a custom mudrum with synth sounds using and re-skinig the pads alone to make it look like in the screenshoot shown by dakkra?

It's been month's that i've been brainstorming about making a VAMudrum 2 but standalone (not integrated into Mudrum's E3).

I want it for my personal use (will of course share it), and i want to make it old-school style-> A simplified main interface with all the standard controls for drum sounds (ala vintage drum machine: 808-909) already on the main GUI, like the kick with just decay and tone, the snare with snappy and tone parameters, and then deep edit buttons to acces the more advanced editors if needed.

I was just playing around with the GUI... the actual version got too much wasted space imho...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u87uwakwejtv7ha/NewOld.png

Of course, it's only a quick'n dirty mod and cables connected to Rack D would be underneath the Elements, but I still think, it looks nicer and more logical than the actual one...

EDIT: and of course you must imagine the cables, which I could not put in without being to ugly :-)

Your mockup (thanks) is not possible as the MuPad editor on the right may be larger (higher) if you're using Element 3!

mutools wrote:* Question: Do you guys like the dark-orange/brownish color of the racks and mupad frames at the right? Or is that a rather ugly color that should be changed too, by default?
I'm not a fan of the orange-chocolate color at all... :(

I'd prefer a more fresh design!

mutools wrote:Your mockup (thanks) is not possible as the MuPad editor on the right may be larger (higher) if you're using Element 3!
Ok, you win :-)

Juan Mendoza wrote:Hey Jo! nice to "see" (read) you again! I'm back to music with renewed spirits :)
8) :tu:
Question, is it possible to make a custom mudrum with synth sounds using and re-skinig the pads alone to make it look like in the screenshoot shown by dakkra?
No, not possible using MUX, as that's too complex. It sounds like you want to create your own VSTi. Well that's possible of course (SynthEdit etc, C++, ...), but not via MUX.

Question: Are you sure that doesn't already exist, as VSTi?

mutools wrote:
No, not possible using MUX, as that's too complex.
Can only drum samples be loaded? I thought every sample can be loaded, i. e. synths & pad (loops) as well.

It would be great if morphing between the pads would be possible... :wink:

Tricky-Loops wrote:Can only drum samples be loaded? I thought every sample can be loaded, i. e. synths & pad (loops) as well.
Each MuPad can play up to 2 samples (E1+E2), as well as a complete MUX patch (E3). Please see http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/mudrum.html
It would be great if morphing between the pads would be possible... :wink:
Possible: Using the E3 MUX, you can setup a meta-parameter that crossfades between sounds.

Is it possible to clear/delete a mux from element3 in MuDrum?
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

mutools wrote: No, not possible using MUX, as that's too complex. It sounds like you want to create your own VSTi. Well that's possible of course (SynthEdit etc, C++, ...), but not via MUX.

Question: Are you sure that doesn't already exist, as VSTi?
Synthedit? no thanks, i've used that in the past, the sound is not comparable to MUX in any way imo.

No, i just want to have "my" VA mudrum simplified and more ready to use in a less tedious way, i.e. having to click on each Mudrum pad to select a sound, then open E3 editor, then just tweak the decay is not as fun as having a single simplified interface with direct access to the most used parameters for every sound
Anyway, i could set it up as just a soud module, without pads in it, that way i think i can do it inside MUX...

Juan, as long as the individual sub editors for thos VA (drum) souns are very small and simple, it will work fine using MuDrum's E3. The good thing about this new M5.2 update is that E3 simply shows the MUX front panel as you designed it and when it's small it will be immediately fully visible. So it will only take a single click to select a sound and there you go tweaking your VA sound. Hope you see what i mean. What do you think?

kingtubby wrote:Is it possible to clear/delete a mux from element3 in MuDrum?
E3 is a fixed part of the MuDrum, you can't 'delete' it. If you don't want to use it, turn it off. If you mean how to make it disappear again, then it's just a matter of selecting another MUX preset that does not have a front panel as that's what's making it appear or not. I've included an "Empty MUX" preset in the library. (next package)

mutools wrote:
kingtubby wrote:Is it possible to clear/delete a mux from element3 in MuDrum?
If you mean how to make it disappear again, then it's just a matter of selecting another MUX preset that does not have a front panel as that's what's making it appear or not. I've included an "Empty MUX" preset in the library. (next package)
Yes, that's what I meant - thanks :)
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

mutools wrote:Juan, as long as the individual sub editors for thos VA (drum) souns are very small and simple, it will work fine using MuDrum's E3. The good thing about this new M5.2 update is that E3 simply shows the MUX front panel as you designed it and when it's small it will be immediately fully visible. So it will only take a single click to select a sound and there you go tweaking your VA sound. Hope you see what i mean. What do you think?
Sounds good, i just want to have 2-3 knobs per drum sound so size will not be a problem. Also, doing it inside the MuDrum has some advantages like the mixer and FX slots...

My inital idea was to have a single front panel with like 18-20 knobs in it only, for controlling all the drums at once, and then have buttons to go to the more detailed individual editors for each synth/drum part.

but i'll try both options ...

Return to “MUTOOLS”