MuLab 5.3.25 Released

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A new MuLab 5.3.20 test version is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest

What's changed since M5.3.19:
  • Fixed several issues with the REX support.
  • When REX was not installed on the system, MuLab didn't start. Fixed.
M5.3.20 is an app+ID only update, so quick & easy to install. Detailed install info in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/app-patch/Read%20Me.txt

Cheers!

OK, 5.3.20 starts up for me :). Thanks!

pljones wrote:OK, 5.3.20 starts up for me :). Thanks!
+1
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Reincke wrote:
AndreasD wrote:- To all who use limiters, the Audio Limiter module seems to really limit now!
Didn't it before? :?:
Not really. But i think the functionality hasn't really changed. Soundwise it was more a distortion effect and did not limit but compress when intensity was below 'Z'/100%.
This one i just measured and it did a very hard limiting at 100% intensity.

The graphics give more insight into what the module is doing. I'll probably give a transparent limiter with MUX another try. In the past i was never happy with my attempts.

Functional wise nothing changed. I agree that that module really needed more visual feedback, otherwise it was difficult to set it up 'right' for what you wanted to do. So that's why i added the display. Was also one of those many requests on the wishlist. One less :)

Reincke wrote:When the prob occurs, I can see the mouse pointer. I can move it as normal. I had two or three windows open (e.g. Mux deep editor). Clicking on any of them doesn't have any effect. The window border remains grey instead of getting blue. There is no (visible) modal window.
I did some extras tests on this but can't find what you're encountering. Is there anyone else having such issue? Any further details would much appreciated.

@Reincke: what sample rate are you using. I had some odd behavior when i tried 88.2kHz the other day. But that was at the same time when some odd things happened with (or because of using) REX files. So, i'm not sure.

AndreasD wrote:@Reincke: what sample rate are you using. I had some odd behavior when i tried 88.2kHz the other day. But that was at the same time when some odd things happened with (or because of using) REX files. So, i'm not sure.
No REX files involved here. While editing a song I usually switch to sample rate 22kHz :oops: (because of weak hardware).

@Jo: I'm still working on a simple way to reproduce the prob. Haven't found yet. It may last some days.
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

mutools wrote:
Reincke wrote:When the prob occurs, I can see the mouse pointer. I can move it as normal. I had two or three windows open (e.g. Mux deep editor). Clicking on any of them doesn't have any effect. The window border remains grey instead of getting blue. There is no (visible) modal window.
I did some extras tests on this but can't find what you're encountering. Is there anyone else having such issue? Any further details would much appreciated.
Ok found and fixed that 'mouse freeze' problem :phew:
It was about closing a modal window in a specific situation that's why it was a rather rare bug and difficult to track. Fixed in the next M5.3.21 which will be available later today.

A new MuLab 5.3.21 test version is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest

What's changed since M5.3.20:
  • Envelope editors: Indication of the loop points now is done using locators.
  • Some other fine tweaks wrt envelope editing.
  • Audio Envelope Follower: Attack & Release parameters were not behaving properly. Fixed. Note that this fix affects previous sessions that use the Audio Envelope Follower. Please eventually re-set these attack and release parameters so it sounds as you want.
  • Audio Envelope Follower: Attack & Release parameter displays are more accurate for the first small values above 0.0.
  • Session Browser: Whether in docked or windowed mode is an app-level preference now.
  • Fixed a nasty 'mouse freeze' bug when closing a modal window using the close button while the close button tooltip was shown. (new bug since M5.3.18 )
  • Removed the Tempo Synced Mono Echo from the module list as it has been superseded by the Modular Feedback Delay.
M5.3.21 is an app+ID only update, so quick & easy to install. Detailed install info in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/app-patch/Read%20Me.txt

Cheers!

Thanks for the revised envelope follower!
I hope i can do a correct Transient Shaper before Christmas :)

I love the transparency of the automation editor (visually I mean)
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

mutools wrote:Ok found and fixed that 'mouse freeze' problem :phew:
It was about closing a modal window in a specific situation that's why it was a rather rare bug and difficult to track. Fixed in the next M5.3.21 which will be available later today.
Thanks a lot. :tu:
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

mutools wrote:
lingyai wrote:While preserving such links would be nice to have, even it it didn't work out, a single pdf file manual without them, which could easily be printed in one go, would still be a big improvement over things as they are now, IMHO. I realise that this could be something of a PITA for you; but I guess it's a matter of it being a PITA for only one person (i.e. you (sorry)) vs. it being the same PITA multiplied by the number of users who want to print the manual.
I spent some time looking for a good pdf tool, but still didn't find it. I'm looking for a html to pdf converter with these specs:
  • Can convert a folder+subfolders of html files into a single pdf.
  • Option to manage the file/page order so that i can ensure that the pdf docs have the same order as the html docs.
  • Links within these folder tree are converted to links inside the pdf.
  • Neat pdf output.
  • Free or affordable.
Each of these points are important. If someone knows such tool, please let me know. Until then: Note that you can also Alt-Tab between MuLab and the MuDocs, so you can keep MuLab at full screen and you don't have to print (also think eco) the full docs, also for these docs are updated regularly.
I spent some more time searching for a good HTML docs to PDF docs converter (cfr above criteria) but didn't find a good solution up to now. So for now the MU docs will stay HTML only, until i find a good PDF converter.

A new MuLab 5.3.22 test version is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest

What's changed since M5.3.21:
  • Fixed a bug wrt the loop locators in envelope parts that were not starting at 1.1.0.
M5.3.21 is an app+ID only update, so quick & easy to install. Detailed install info in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/app-patch/Read%20Me.txt

Cheers!

Return to “MUTOOLS”