sync and midi clock

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by aodes on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not that i fully understand what you are doing, but your Mulab midi setup looks like a loop.

Code: Select all

in: akaimpk61 out:audiokontrol1 
in: audioconntrol1 out akaimpk61 
If you remove the the second line, does it make a difference?

Last edited by aodes on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Have you got quantise enabled for the session?

Last edited by aodes on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by aodes on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

mulab does not seem to be able to get sync with akai or so. If anyone has been able to synchronize the two, let me know, I passed over 30 hours on this question (and I'm a programmer in java, python, php, actionscript, blender, puredata etc,etc.) the noteRepeat and the arpeggiator doesn't work.
I have mulab since one year and it worked good since. but for the sync, hmmm. I definitely need help.

please, let me know how you would do it.

Step 1: Make sure you have properly set up a MIDI output. See http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... utput.html

Step 2: Right-click the tempo display -> "Choose MIDI Clock Output Module" and choose the Session Event Output that you have mapped to your external MIDI instrument.

Now when starting/playing/stopping the composer, MIDI clock events will be sent to the chosen Session Event Output module and thus to the respective MIDI output.

Should be quite straightforward. And independent from whatever external MIDI instrument you're using.

Hi
mutools wrote:Step 1: Make sure you have properly set up a MIDI output. See http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... utput.html
now this is straight forward.
I've seen it the doc. What 'properly' means?

I have choices for inputs: akai MPK61, midiin2 (akaimpk61), midiin3 (akaimpk61), audioKontrol1

and for outputs: akai mpk61, midiout2 (mpk61), microsoftGSwavetablesynth, audioKontrol 1 out

according to your explainations, I must:

1: midisetup in->mpk61 , out->midiout2(mpk61)
2: mux: set «eventoutput» to midiout2(mpk61) and plug its input to master's output?
3: rightclick the tempo, set midiClockOutputModule to «eventOutput1»
4: set the keyboard to external.
5: press play or record (to send the clock)
6: play

So this doesn't work.

does anyone have a mpk61 plugued into mulab AND the arpegiator works, and is synchro????????????????????????????

I get today a Akai MPK mini 2 and arpegiator can work in sync. I get it first not working, so i search and find this thread. But work only when play or record in mulab. so if you want play free, you need choose a loop somewhere that play nothing and press play in mulab. if mulab not play or record, nothing is hear, when you switch the arpegiator not off.
I have choose as Midi output Port mpkmini2. in modular view is a module for this. I do not connect this module to anything.
3: rightclick the tempo, set midiClockOutputModule to «eventOutput1»
I think thats wrong. I have choose mpkmini2 and get it working when play in mulab
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

AndreasD wrote:Not that i fully understand what you are doing, but your Mulab midi setup looks like a loop.

Code: Select all

in: akaimpk61 out:audiokontrol1 
in: audioconntrol1 out akaimpk61 
I'm curious why you think this is a loop?

My experience of MIDI is limited, especially now I use software, but isn't this how it works:
MIDI In receives data from a device, but does not transmit or pass on that data.
MIDI Out sends data to a device, but only what the device itself transmits.
MIDI Thru receives data and passes it on without that data acting on the device(s) in the middle of the chain.

Isn't that right? Maybe software differs somehow, but that's how I used to work with hardware.
:)

Yeah, why did i say that :oops:

:lol: never mind. we all have our moments :lol:

Return to “MUTOOLS”