muDrum + hithat group

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

I recently join the mutools community since the software is just amazing regarding it's price but...
I'm actually trying to make a custom drum pad set with muDrum and i'm trying to do this: when i click on the hihat close pad sound it should cut the hithat open sound (for this there is usually a group mecanism or a mutual exclusion mecanism).

How can i do this with muDrum module ?

Much appreciate answers even if they don't really give me the solution ;)

Vicolachips44

Currently there is no specific way to do that automatically. But you can control the lengths of the drum notes and so you have full control over how long a certain note should be.

Yes an thanks for the quick reply.

But anyway, i wish there could be a kind of "Group" pad property to handle this in a near future!
The solution you gave me will work but i then need to put the release Knob at zero and for funky music it's gonna be a little tricky !

Indeed release time should be quite short in that case, but then you just make the other notes long enough so they sound as long as you want.

Just an extra idea: You could use 2 open hihat pads: One with a long release and one with a short release. (eventually you could add even more sonic differences between them to spice up your mix)

Return to “MUTOOLS”