Up/Down to change presets in a synth

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Jo

In Synthmaster, Up/down arrows of the computer keyboard are shortcuts set to change the presets (previous/next preset) within a loaded bank.

It works perfect with some DAWs (Reaper or Cantabile for example), but it doesn't work at all in some other DAWs... including Mulab. I try to understand why. Do you think that it could be a collision between shortcuts of this synth and shortcuts of the DAW ? (I try to find possible reasons at that problem, and I don't know if up/down arrows are used in Mulab so I ask you).
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

You have to set it up as keyboard shortcuts. It's not in the default list.
I use the '+' and '-' keys and it works with no problems. Look for "Select Next Preset" and "Select Previous Preset"

AndreasD wrote:You have to set it up as keyboard shortcuts. It's not in the default list.
I use the '+' and '-' keys and it works with no problems. Look for "Select Next Preset" and "Select Previous Preset"
Thanks Andreas for the tip.

I've just tried... but failed.

I've added the "Plus" for "Select previous preset" and the "Minus" for the "Select next preset", then pressed "Done", then reopened the VST synth (Synthmaster, full version). No effect.

So I've closed Mulab and reopened for the case where...
But the same.

Then I've added "For all channels" in the options for both. But the same... No effect.

I've the last version of Mulab (5.5.1).
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

I think BlackWinny is talking about specific key shortcuts within a specific VST plugin, not the MuLab key shortcuts. It's a matter of which subwindow has the keyboard focus, and that's a more tricky thing. If the keyboard focus would be on the VST editor subwindow then the MuLab shortcuts won't work anymore in that window and vice versa. I'm afraid it's an ambiguous situation.

mutools wrote:I think BlackWinny is talking about specific key shortcuts within a specific VST plugin, not the MuLab key shortcuts. It's a matter of which subwindow has the keyboard focus, and that's a more tricky thing. If the keyboard focus would be on the VST editor subwindow then the MuLab shortcuts won't work anymore in that window and vice versa. I'm afraid it's an ambiguous situation.
Yes, I'm a little thinking of something like that.

As long as Mulab has the operating system focus, the keyboard interacts of course with it, but as soon as it looses the focus (the VST taking it) it's with it that the keyboard interacts.

What is very strange is: why in some DAWS the VST reacts correctly to the shortcut, and why it doesn't in other DAWS? It's simply a matter of brainstorming, heh (Mulab being one of theses, it's the reason why I put the question here, knowing that it is already put in the VST's forum of course).

Not talking about Mulab in particular but about tasks and subtasks in general (I think that VSTs are seen as subtasks when seen by the operating system), is it possible that a parent task may cancel certain keyboard interruptions sent to the subtasks since starting from the operating system they necessarily travel across the parent task to reach the subtask? That could be a clue to investigate, I think. Don't you think so? (maybe I say an idioty, I don't know)

Return to “MUTOOLS”