Note names on the keyboard for schools

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am a music teacher and I am using mu.lab in my school (11-16yrs) and is a great piece of software. After using it for a few years, there are a couple of things that would make a huge difference for children using mu.lab for the first time.

Firstly, I was wondering if it was possible to add note names to every key on the keyboard and not just have the Cs marked. This will help students who don't know their way around a keyboard, making it a lot easier to get started.

Also, it would be great if the younger students could start off learning about sequencing in mu.lab by arranging existing 2 or 4 bar loops and phrases together. A kind of 'copy and paste' arrangement. This would require a selection of loops that would work together harmonically that could be dragged and dropped.

Are either of these in the development pipeline or would it be possible to add to a wish list for future development?

Cheers

Note names are not yet in Mulab but I know it's on the list for M6.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Flugaone wrote:Firstly, I was wondering if it was possible to add note names to every key on the keyboard and not just have the Cs marked. This will help students who don't know their way around a keyboard, making it a lot easier to get started.
The next MuLab 6 will have support for note names, meaning that if a (drum) plugin uses note names like Kick for C1, Snare for D1 etc, then these names will be used in the sequence editor. But then you won't see a piano keyboard anymore but the name labels. So i'm not sure if that will be a solution for you.
Also, it would be great if the younger students could start off learning about sequencing in mu.lab by arranging existing 2 or 4 bar loops and phrases together. A kind of 'copy and paste' arrangement. This would require a selection of loops that would work together harmonically that could be dragged and dropped.
That's already supported: Using the MuClips, see http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/muclips.html

In fact this video starts with dragging a MuClip into the composer, watch the first 8 seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVTeD6els3s

Return to “MUTOOLS”