PRODUCTS

runaudio wrote:on the next video you make could show us how to rewire please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFBtCCG2c-A

I'll see if I can make up a quick tutorial on how to set up the ReWire
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

thanks
dakkra and mutools may to ableton if you could thanks

Just bought! At 1st I was hesitating between Reaper and Tracktion but when I tried MuLab... Wow, I'm just starting out with it but so far I can't find anything it can't do. Awesome job! Is it really made by just one guy (Jo)?!?! :hail: :tu: :-D

jpracer reaper and tracktion wouldnt have a look in in my eyes no daw can touch mulab love this daw thanks for this great software

I have lots of rack presets. Sometimes when I am looking for a certain bass sound and thus cycle through a dozen or so bass racks, the sound does not seem to get updated each time, i.e. the sound of rack x is kept for the 3 or 4 racks I click after rack x. And before you ask, yes, I do give it enough time to load those plugins. :)

I use NI Komplete and have never had an issue with any of the VSTs being recognised, until now with Mulab 6.

In version 5 they are there and work great, in version 6 they are either not found at all or I get alerts that there are missing files. It has however found every single .dll file on my PC and added them as a VST plugin and set it as disabled

fluffy_little_something wrote:I have lots of rack presets. Sometimes when I am looking for a certain bass sound and thus cycle through a dozen or so bass racks, the sound does not seem to get updated each time, i.e. the sound of rack x is kept for the 3 or 4 racks I click after rack x.
How are you stepping thru your rack presets?

mellick wrote:I use NI Komplete and have never had an issue with any of the VSTs being recognised, until now with Mulab 6.
In version 5 they are there and work great, in version 6 they are either not found at all or I get alerts that there are missing files. It has however found every single .dll file on my PC and added them as a VST plugin and set it as disabled
Maybe a a 32 bit / 64 bit mismatch? See http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/us ... ugins.html

mutools wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I have lots of rack presets. Sometimes when I am looking for a certain bass sound and thus cycle through a dozen or so bass racks, the sound does not seem to get updated each time, i.e. the sound of rack x is kept for the 3 or 4 racks I click after rack x.
By clicking on them :)

Another thing I noticed is that there seems to be some sort of interaction between Mulab's audio engine and the Windows loudspeaker volume control. I noticed it before, but I thought I might have accidentally pressed the speaker off key on my keyboard. But today I definitely did not, and the loudspeaker was switched off again. I don't think it is a problem, I just noticed. Maybe it is even good, who knows.

The synth problem continues, just loaded two different ones and after 3 secs Mulab crashed. I guess I will go back to Mulab 5.2 or whatever the last version was for the time being, it seemed more reliable. But before I do I will try some other audio settings configurations, maybe it has to do with that...

fluffy_little_something wrote:
mutools wrote:
By clicking on them :)
Where? In the browser?
Note that just clicking a rack preset in the browser does not yet load it into one of your existing racks, it only temporarily previews it.
Another thing I noticed is that there seems to be some sort of interaction between Mulab's audio engine and the Windows loudspeaker volume control. I noticed it before, but I thought I might have accidentally pressed the speaker off key on my keyboard. But today I definitely did not, and the loudspeaker was switched off again. I don't think it is a problem, I just noticed. Maybe it is even good, who knows.
That must be something on driver level, it's outside MuLab's control.
The synth problem continues, just loaded two different ones and after 3 secs Mulab crashed. I guess I will go back to Mulab 5.2 or whatever the last version was for the time being, it seemed more reliable.
I would be amazed. I don't see a reason inside MuLab that would explain that. As i wrote before based on the info i have and the test i did i think the problem is on that specific VST plugin's side.

Of course, I WAS speaking of the preview. I know clicking on it in the browser does not load it into an existing rack. I am not as much of a freak as some others here, but I am not that stupid.

It is several plugins (at least 4 I have confirmed), not just one. So I don't really care where the problem lies. All that matters to me unfortunately is that in Mulab they don't work the way they should, and do in other DAWs :?
You had said earlier that I should look for a new synth. You know it is like this: Imagine you have a black girlfriend (i.e. my favorite synth) and a long history together (i.e. many patches) and you want to rent a nice apartment together (Mulab). The racist landlord asks you to either break up with your girlfriend and get a white one instead, or forget the apartment. What would you do? :hihi:

mutools wrote:
mellick wrote:I use NI Komplete and have never had an issue with any of the VSTs being recognised, until now with Mulab 6.
Maybe a a 32 bit / 64 bit mismatch? See http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/us ... ugins.html
It is 32 bit windows. Neither reaper, cubase or Mulab 5 have an issue. The only thing that is having an issue is Mulab 6 and it is the 32bit version I am using.

Did you try running MuLab as Admin?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Did you try running MuLab as Admin?
Doh!

This is rather embarrasing but it appears it was me being a total numpty and I was a bit quick to blame the software rather than consider my own stupidity.

I was scanning the folder where my VST files (NKI) are located (which seemed the logical place) and not the totally seperate folder located under c://users where the corresponding dll files are located.

I do apologise for jumping to the conclusion MuLabs was to blame. I am now going to go out and buy a huge frozen trout to slap myself around the head with.

Return to “MUTOOLS”