MuLab 6 + AmpliTube 3

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MuLab6 and AmpliTube3.

That's my question... Do they work together?

I have tried.

MuLab works with asio4all.

AmpliTube works with asio4all too.

MuLab recognizes de VST, its synths sound with no problem, but no damned guitar signal in the AT3 interface.

Any help will be dearly appreciated.

unterstruktur wrote:Any help will be dearly appreciated.
without more information as to what you're actually doing, it'd just be guessing.

eg how are you setting up Amplitube inside Mulab.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I open a new session in MuLab.

Then I "add a new track".

I select 'VST".

Then I "browse for the VST plug-In"

I choose the AmpliTube 3.dll

The AmpliTube 3 interface opens...

And no guitar sound... Just the synths of MuLab.

And AmpliTube 3 as standalone works perfect.

Have you got your audio input routed to wherever you have inserted AmpliTube?

Do you hear your guitar through MuLab without AmpliTube in the way -- i.e. is AmpliTube responsible for stopping you hear guitar?

I've been using an M-Audio Fast Track Pro as a sound interface for years.

I can hear the raw guitar sound in MuLab if I fiddle with the mix button.

But thru AmpliTube inside MuLab, no way.

And if I ain't wrong, I had the same problem with Guitar Rig, time ago.

unterstruktur wrote:I can hear the raw guitar sound in MuLab if I fiddle with the mix button.
What do you mean with "fiddle with the mix button"?

You want only to hear what MuLab is producing - nothing bypassing it - otherwise you're missing where the problem could be.

The "Mix" knob in the Fast Track Pro interface, to check if there's a signal coming in, then I turn it clockwise, in the PB (playback) position:

There's signal.

MuLab synths work.

AmpliTube 3 interface inside MuLab is visible.

But nothing in the input level of AmpliTube 3:

Now based on that screenshot: When you click the green power on/off led in the top left of the Amplitube button to switch it off, then do you hear your guitar and do you see your guitar level in that Amplitube 3 rack?

Only standalone - when I try to do the same inside MuLab (thru the VST) nothing happens.

I don't know... It seems to me that ASIO4ALL cannot work with MuLab and AmpliTube at the same time.

I don't expect a problem with using Asio4All and Amplitube. But in order to solve the problem it's important to be analytical. To do tests. To check how the audio signal flows, and where it gets obstructed for some reason. So i can only repeat my question of above: Using that exact same setup as you have on your screenshot, then switching off the green power button at the top left of the amplitube editor, then does that make your signal come thru? If not then it has nothing to do with amplitube plugged in. Then you have to check your audio setup to make sure all relevant inputs are enabled. If that's ok, then make sure the audio input is connected to that rack. That can be done in the Modular Area, click the Modular button at the top of the MuLab session editor window. Bottomline is: Go step by step, trace your audio signal until it comes fine out of your speakers. Hope this helps.

Must reckon you hit the nail thru and thru with the modular stuff suggestion...

The original connections:

Fiddling with the wires for a while, I arrived to the best arrangement:

Now the green meters dance, the guitar and the synth at the same time:

Thank you very much.

I'm much obliged.

unterstruktur wrote:I open a new session in MuLab.

Then I "add a new track".
You can add several different kinds of track. What kind do you add?

If you added an Audio Track, did you add a File Recorder?
I select 'VST".

Then I "browse for the VST plug-In"

I choose the AmpliTube 3.dll

The AmpliTube 3 interface opens...
Unfortunately, that's just a description of what you did, but not the actions of how you did it. I was asking for specifics.

Try the following and tell us what happens. It may not be the 'right' way to use MuLab for this, as its actually MUX I own not Mulab, but Ive tested this and its working here, right now.

Create a new session. Delete any tracks which are created automatically.
Add a new Audio Track. Ensure you change the 'Audio Recorder' in the New Audio Track dialogue box from 'None' to 'Audio File Recorder' before hitting 'OK'

Now click on the 'upwards pointing arrow' of the 'Audio File Recorder' track container so you get the Audio File Recorder dialog up.
What are 'Record From' and 'Output To' set to? Is the 'Record From' correct for your device? Is 'OUtput To' set to MASTER? If not, correct them.

Now click on the red circular ('record') button on the Audio File Recorder dialogue box (or the equivalent on the track itself) and play your guitar... do you hear it?

If so, now drag the Amplitube plugin from the plugin browser into the top slot of the Master effects rack at the bottom of MuLab. Play your guitar. Do you hear it? if so are you hearing it with Amplitube added? Change the amp if you're not sure, to check if the sound changes.

Let me know what happens when you follow this exact sequence of operations.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thanks, I appreciate all the help.

Now I'm making AmpliTube and Guitar Rig both work with MuLab.

Thanks again

Return to “MUTOOLS”