Muliti outs ?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay bought MUlabs the other day and I am concerned that for example I have expansions Geist as well as some other multi outs vsti, and mulabs modular for such vsti will only give me 7 subs out of otherwise 16 sub vsti, I never use less than 8-16 subs as these are drum parts, is this corrects we are limited to the 7 audio outs per device, I hope not

and a similar thing with sends

any ideas on this, I need more than 7 audio outs for my drum Vsti and I presumed as with other daws my device has 16 outs I thought I would get this, or am I missing something, please say I am missing something , and now that I have experimented with the Modular I cant see any other way! ?

Thanks

Sure up to 32 outputs are supported. I assume Geist groups them in some stereo outs and mono outs. If Geist tells the host (MuLab) that eg out 1 + 2 are a stereo out, then that appears as a single jack in MuLab, but that jack is stereo.

For more details see http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/us ... ugins.html
The "About VST inputs and outputs" section.

Off course yes, it was just that I presumed I would still be able to utilise all 16 outputs weather they be stereo or mono like I can in all my other DAWS, mono is okay as they are drums anyhow, so a limitation on mulabs then not seeing the 16 audio outs I get in all my other daws. :(

okay thanks for the reply.

No, no limitation at all!
If Geist has 16 out pins, you can use them all 16 in MuLab.
It's just that if a VST plugin tells the host that these 16 outs are in fact 8 stereo outs, then this is presented as 8 stereo jacks in MuLab. But that's still 16 audio channels. Please reread that doc section.

Okay will read again, when I set up in others daws I don't get 1/2, 3/4 ,etc. I get 1-16, will contact fxpansions to check but presumed 1-16 speaks for its self as 16 individuals out, thanks for your input.

In MuLab it's better! It's more like the VST SDK tells it should be. Anyway, if you want to work another way, that's still possible. All explained on that doc page.

thanks

Given up on using Geist now, every session every few mins Mulabs crashes without error message, when loading up samples into Geist, think this will be my biggest issue first the crash factor is major so far, trying not to be negative,I want to have a good experience, I will compile a list of these bugs I am finding as well as what VST/i causes the crashes.

Windows 7 64bit
i7 Sandybridge, 3.06ghz
8gb Ram (memory checked monthly)
NVidia (1gb memory) forget model off top of my head but quite new.
m-audio fast track pro- audio interface
Don't uses cracked software I buy all my software.

Looking forward to any more details about the Geist crash. Especially: Is it a repeatable crash? If yes then what exact steps must be taken to repeat it? Which Geist version are you using?

since I stopped using it I have not had any crashes.
I will try and replicate It precisely , its just knowing the point at which it crashes, although its quite basic in just crashing when I drag and drop a sample into the extra pad layers, although I would guess it will not be down to the sample as the samples I have used where not corrupt as they worked fine in all other scenarios in my DAW, and the same crashing does not happen in ableton or Studio one or sonar that I have used over the years , I Will try and see if their is a sequence of something I maybe doing prior to dropping in the sample that may be a catalyst to the trigger.

Thanks

If drag-dropping a sample inside Geist's editor causes a crash, please also send a crash report to Fxpansion. MuLab has no control over what happens inside a VST editor, it's a black box.

Hi guys,

Sorry Im new with Mulab v6 I bought the other day and I can't not figure how to stacks vst synths to play them together, just using midi.
For example track one Sylenth1 sounding together with korg poly synth on the Midi track 2, how can I do this ? without using Mux ?, please help me, thank you guys !.

Return to “MUTOOLS”