Newbie Question Mulab Free Monitor Midi Input from different midi channels

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

maybe a dumb question but I just cant figure out how to monitor midi input on different tracks (from a midi composition software with loopmidi inbetween) TOGETHER in Mulab free.

I only can monitor the active target rack/track but not all the 4 tracks with the corresponding rack/vsti.

My example: I get drums on ch10, melody on ch1, pad on ch2, bass on ch3 from my composition software. The midi configuration works, I get it in Kontakt Standalone with no problems, each channel where it should be, I can hear all together as it should be.

Now in Mulab I have 4 tracks and corresponding racks, started for example with drums track 1, input midi channel 10, mudrums, works. Now with track 2, input ch1, any vst, o.k. I hear the melody but drums are gone :( . Cant find anything in the docs or forum, could not be that it is not possible to monitor 4 incoming midi input tracks at the same time ?

Kind regards,

Richard

Does MuLab Free have "Session->Edit MIDI Input Channel Targets"? If so, select it. It lists the 16 MIDI input channels, what module they target and what channel you want to be received (allowing incoming Ch 1 to become Ch 10, for example). By default, it's "Focussed Module" but you can set a specific module (e.g. a rack or specific plugin).

I do think that's one of Mulab Free limitations. It may play white noise waves while setting up a multi-channel track.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Hello pljones,

thank you a lot, that was it :-))),

when I edit "Session->Edit MIDI Input Channel Targets" like you told it works ! Great, dakkra, thank you too, I dont know if I touch the limits of the free version and will get the "white noise" but I use it mainly for a quick/raw tryout of my composition with the vst instruments I will use later when rendering the exported final midi in my daw (sorry, for this my favourite is Tracktion 5 after rediscovering it last year).

But for this raw check Mulab is just the by far fastest and easiest daw (and if I think it over the ONLY!) you could find ! And for some other nice edit possibilities like for example merge midi clips etc..

For this the four tracks of the free version and the 8 VST Plugins are enough for me. You could do a lot with these 4 tracks on this level I think and it is really generous to let this version free, thank you multools for this.

Thanks again,

Richard

Me again,

WOW, its even greater then I hoped, with this way of just listening to the input channels there isnt even the 4 track limitation cause I only need racks not tracks and they are not limited (at least not to 4), so I could listen to all my midi channels from the composition :-). Great improvement of my "fun"flow (just fun and hobby for me thats why I really love Mulab for its simplicity). But I would never figured that out for myself, thanks again to the forum and especially to you pljones !

Richard

Return to “MUTOOLS”