How can choose another sample play, sequence play, chord play, depend on controller ?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I read the manual, but there is not so much about programming tricks, for example how the synths that show effect rack in front panel, graphic waveforms are done. they have a locked GUI. Is there more docu out, or more modules ?

It is usefull to have for scene support as arranger Keyboard Yamana PSR tyros MOXF etc, can do(intro, main, fill button) the ability to switch depend on a controller value or program change value, the input to the sequencer module. I find no module simular to the note filter, which allow the events go thru, if a controller value range, or program change number is true.

If it is not true, then it should block the event flow from the midi input, and the attached sequencer is silent. with this it is also possible to play mute notes or other sample articulations. To allow change the sequence it is also good if the change of the reaction to the new block/thru state happen quantized to bar or quarter.

I find also a small mulab Bug
"Auto Midi Focus module do focus" is default setting. It do this also to MASTER. but this fail, because master have no track. and when a parameter is change in master effect, then play on midi keyboard do nothing.

I think when a rack is set to MASTER the focus should not change, when change parameter in MASTER Rack.so option i switch off.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

There is nothing to convert a controller to a note event.

But if you use notes instead of contollers, you can use the Key Splitter or the Note Key/Vel Filter, maybe together with the Note Ranger, to trigger different Sequence Player modules.

using notes in the range from c0-c1 is also ok for me. 12 diffrent sequences are more than enough. yamaha moxf have 6 buttons to change sequence in realtime
I can config pads with program change, note messages or controller. But i still dont know how, i can get this working. because the state if notes should go thru or not must be store in the module until a new control event occur that change the thru or block state of this module.
another example to show how usefull such a module is. when make a general midi player with MUX, there can add 127 VSTi that play the sound and between Event input and VSTi event input are 127 such "controller can switch on off" modules. If program change number 4 come then the module that is set in module config to "program number 4 let all events(midi notes, controller) let go thru" . The other modules that are not set to program number 4 block all events(midi notes, controller). so only the VSTi number 4 with the correct sound for general midi play notes and the other play nothing. I read that MUX only process if a output is used. and if there is no speed problem, it is also possible that the audio output is mute depend on controller. So a module for audio is also possible, and make it more usefull. magix music maker have all audio loops in 7 tone steps(note high). such a module can then depend on a switch for tone number play also magix music maker loops correct.
But i see no module that can this for audio too.

I read now in shop,
"From 14 to 28 August 2013, personal user keys will only be delivered on 29 August."
so i guess he is on holiday, so i know that he since longer time not write

another usefull. It can use more note mapper modules and with a controller or maybe c0-c1 notes, there can switch the chords

Does this screenshot help? It's the best i can with the current MUX capabilities.

The red modules gives you the 16 midi channels.

The green ones filter out the C0 to C1 octave which will trigger the sequences

The orange ones contain the sequences that will be played. One sequence for one key of one midi channel (max 12x16 sequences in this setup)

The black modules are the final instruments, Mux or VSTi. I put a different instrument per sequence, but you can set all seqences to one instument if you like. Or you can sent everything to your external Motif synth (.

It's a bit of work, but if it's setup once it's relatively easy to maintain.
I only started with it to show the concept.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hm, i want do the test first in mulab, but there is now no event Input module here and i can not add this. see screenshot of demo Song. But all sound ok. when i play on midi keyboard work correct too.

As far i remember yesterday it work and was here. i start another mulab from a new folder and press reset button for prefs. I reboot PC, but not help. what can be wrong ?.
Clip_4.jpg
Clip_5_1.jpg
Then i use MUX and i have Event Input and i can test

Your design can work good, if you not want transpose your sequence depend on key (c3, d3) you play. With synths you normaly want do it. The sequencer have the feature auto transpose and when set Start Mode to "On Start Playing" and Stop Mode "On Same Note on", sync enable, have the good feature, that the sequencer does not start from beginning of sequence, when another key is press. it transpose the follwing keys depend on the new note press

Best is when use your design for drums. so with notes c0-c1 there can choose the drum pattern to play and drum patterns need not transpose. there is also a Module usefull that do input quantisation. if this can set to quarter or bar or 2 or 4 bars, then the drum pattern change only when the sequence is complete play, so stay in sync even if you press the new key earlier. Many DAW have input quantisation build in, but input quantisation should not set for all tracks in such a high value as quarter or bar. So a Module can do the Job when need good.

I also want use a module rack. Problem is, i find no way to move the 6 slots visible in the Front panel. But i see synthesizer with locked panel that offer a rack and allow the choose of VST effect in the front panel

I can put the knob controller of the rack to the front panel. this work with the volume slider and pan, because there is a menu Drag parameter. but the box to add a VST offer not such a menu. I get only a small box in front panel with the rack. this i can double click, and a extra window to choose the VST is then open. But how can i get the rack lock in front panel, so i can see all VST plugins that are in rack ? I do this in mulab and in MUX. not possible to choose VST efects/instruments in Front panel.

Or you can sent everything to your external Motif synth (.
I have no motif synth, i want avoid to buy, and hope with Software Synth i can get this feature. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

magicmusic wrote:hm, i want do the test first in mulab, but there is now no event Input module here and i can not add this. see screenshot of demo Song. But all sound ok. when i play on midi keyboard work correct too.

As far i remember yesterday it work and was here. i start another mulab from a new folder and press reset button for prefs. I reboot PC, but not help. what can be wrong ?.
In the Session MUX (Modular Area) there is no Event Input. If you want to copy my setup, just start with the Midi Channel Splitter.
magicmusic wrote: Your design can work good, if you not want transpose your sequence depend on key (c3, d3) you play. With synths you normaly want do it. The sequencer have the feature auto transpose and when set Start Mode to "On Start Playing" and Stop Mode "On Same Note on", sync enable, have the good feature, that the sequencer does not start from beginning of sequence, when another key is press. it transpose the follwing keys depend on the new note press

Best is when use your design for drums. so with notes c0-c1 there can choose the drum pattern to play and drum patterns need not transpose. there is also a Module usefull that do input quantisation. if this can set to quarter or bar or 2 or 4 bars, then the drum pattern change only when the sequence is complete play, so stay in sync even if you press the new key earlier. Many DAW have input quantisation build in, but input quantisation should not set for all tracks in such a high value as quarter or bar. So a Module can do the Job when need good.
All this is true. There is a long standing feature request to start a sequence at the next beat/bar. At the moment the sequences will play in sync with the overall transport and you have to hit the start sequence note exact in time.

magicmusic wrote: I also want use a module rack. Problem is, i find no way to move the 6 slots visible in the Front panel. But i see synthesizer with locked panel that offer a rack and allow the choose of VST effect in the front panel

I can put the knob controller of the rack to the front panel. this work with the volume slider and pan, because there is a menu Drag parameter. but the box to add a VST offer not such a menu. I get only a small box in front panel with the rack. this i can double click, and a extra window to choose the VST is then open. But how can i get the rack lock in front panel, so i can see all VST plugins that are in rack ? I do this in mulab and in MUX. not possible to choose VST efects/instruments in Front panel.
Again, you are correct. You can not select VSTs from the front panel or show racks in the front panel.
At the moment you can "only" put any VST parameter on the front panel, shown as a knob.

One comment to your session screenshot.
You use the reverb and delay as aux sends, which looks correct.
But, please look at the small white triangle between the rack slots and the rack fader. This triangle, by default between 3rd and 4th rack slot, defines which slots are Pre-Fader and which are Post-Fader. Slots above the triangle are Pre-Fader. You can move the triangle up and down with the mouse to adjust the Pre- and Post-Fader slots.
Your sends are set Pre-Fader, which means that if you turn the rack fader to zero, you still hear the reverb/delay.

I think, when there is a SDK to program Modules for MUX, then the missing can easy add. I can try myself. also other make maybe modules.
At the moment the sequences will play in sync with the overall transport and you have to hit the start sequence note exact in time.
I see now that mulab have input quantisation. Its in the menu session setup event recording. It can configure with a key shortcut ( test with F5) and it popup for change when press F5. But it work not on realtime play(when sequencer is stop, or you record. So you dont hear what is quantized, and after record, when you play again, all sound diffrent, because it is quantize then. and btw realtime quantize hear on play is good to train better keyboard timing play. Because there can hear direct if you play correct in timing or too late. and when you play not correct, you hear delay, but still sound good when release quantised is used (release is then too quantize, and note sound as long, as the new begin. The Akai arpeggiator in keyboard delay 1/4, and when note is not perfect in Timing, a delay come to hear sound.

So i hope mulab can do in realtime play quantize too. And best is when for every track, the value of event recording grid is store. then no module is need, and everybody can set the values of quantisation what he like for the track.

I hope in the future that a rack can in the front panel see, as see in musynth is add soon.

mulab have lots of nice features i miss in other music software. But i miss some few things or i did not notice how they work better in mulab. Important and have all other is for me to hear the sound when i click on note when sequencer is stop. currently sound come only when add new notes.

also make me problems, that when i go into edit mode, the range in the composer is still used and i cannot set a playloop in editor, so i can hear what i edit. I think a toggle switch "Play Editorloop" is usefull in the editor. when this is press only the loop in editor is play.

next and last is ogg, mp3 import and export support, also all other have.

I get in mind, when the event delay module have a feature to choose as delay time Bar, the note event time is delay for every note to next bar and is variable calculate. with such a option quantize can realize

@mutools. Is there no way even with audio modules to realize this(in intro Post) ?. Maybe you have on your to do list some module plans to allow this ?

Is it plan in near future that select VSTs from the front panel or show racks in the front panel is possible ?

Return to “MUTOOLS”