MuLab 6.1.29 release

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A new MuLab 6.1.x test version is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/forsythia/

This is the updated application file only, it needs to be installed into an existing M6.0.35 folder so that it finds all graphic files etc. Your settings will also be preserved this way.

What's changed since M6.0.35:
  • New oscillator module: "MultiForm Oscillator". Supports creating, importing and using wave tables in a high-quality and modular way. For details see http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/multiformosc.html
  • Waveforms: New "Clipboard -> Append" function that appends the waveform on the clipboard to the target waveform.
  • VST plug-ins: Enhanced denormalizations guard.
  • Optimized sample memory management.
  • Rename automation parts didn't work as expected. Fixed.
  • Automation parts: In some cases the play position line was not positioned right. Fixed.
  • Note Modifier: Velocity parameter can be set to 12700% so to practically max out all velocities.
  • Fixed a potential crash bug when trying to paste a module while no module is on the clipboard.
  • All sounds using the internal oscillator might sound a little bit better by fixing a specific rounding error.
  • REX file loader: Improved protection against exceptional/wrong REX files.
  • New preference "Middle C Index" allows you to set the middle C to C3 or C4 or C5. Default is C4.
  • Fixed a couple of issues with the Parameter Event Generator module.
  • Sequence function Quantize Length will now avoid creating triggered notes.
  • In some cases when deleting multiple objects at the same time, only some of them were effectively deleted. Fixed.
  • Audio Files and Samples: New context functions "Add Recurring Markers" and "Delete Selected Markers".
  • Fixed an issue in the composer when using overlayed parts.
  • Improved sound quality when importing arbitrary sized waveforms.
  • The "MIDI Output Time Compensation" setting now is a real-time tweakable preference: See Edit Preferences -> "MIDI Output Time Shift".
    Note that the old setting is not automatically copied. Default still is 0 microsecs i.e. no time shift.
  • MUX has been renamed to MUX Modular.
Please note that this is a test version. Curious for your feedback!

NB: See below posts for the details on the newest updates.

My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

I can't resist just tweaking with Jo's example projects...
http://www.drealm.info/mu.lab/TweakFest.mp3
It can get quite vicious :). I love that you can actually hear that there's a snare sample involved in the messing around... (If you know it's there.)

That new wavetable module is beyond brilliant, can't wait for the MUX. Really, really impressive work, unique.

Note on M6.1.20: There is a potential crash bug in the sample grain import code. The new M6.1.21 which fixes this is on its way out.

I have some simple wave table setups attached.
Something like morph a Square wave to a Saw wave or a Sine PWM.
Something to look at and how easy things can be set up.

Copy the folder under User/Library.
Then open the MultiForm Osc and the Multi Form window. Click the Options button (top right) and select Load Preset.
Render the wave table and you are done.

This osc is totally brilliant and easy to use.
Go find wavetables and start using them.
I have patches already that sound Massive.

Expect more here soon.

Andreas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here are some wave tables (2048 samples per wave)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p5886640

New M6.1.21 version in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/forsythia/

What's changed:
  • Fixed a potential crash bug in importing waveforms.
  • Fixed a potential problem with referencing MUX front panel graphics.
  • Improved referencing of audio files and samples.
  • Finetuned some details in the "Import Wavetable Audio File" and "Insert Multiple Sample Grains" dialogs.

While resetting the names of Meta Parameters in the "Basic Synth", I noticed an odd behavior on the 5th parameter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvc1Xjlc1VI

It doesn't have a name in the text box yet has a name in its label. I can't changed the labeled name until I add a name in the text box and then clear it afterward.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

The Galbanum architecture waveforms 2010 are on sale at 50% off = $19.95! (25000 wavetables)
I'm currently using them in this new MWO beast.
This update is brilliant. :tu:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I copy that. Galbanum achitecture waveforms are a very good source for the MWO.
But look at the whole set from Adventure Kid (Mulab is using a part of them) as well.

AndreasD wrote:I copy that. Galbanum achitecture waveforms are a very good source for the MWO.
But look at the whole set from Adventure Kid (Mulab is using a part of them) as well.
Both are great, there's only one problem: (not enough) time. I bought the Architecture Waveforms 2010 a few years ago, and I haven't tried them all yet... :(

Thanks for making me aware of these waveform packs. :tu:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Both are great, there's only one problem: (not enough) time. I bought the Architecture Waveforms 2010 a few years ago, and I haven't tried them all yet... :(
Understandable. If we say one per day it would take 68.5 years :hihi:
to go through them all.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

AndreasD wrote:I copy that. Galbanum achitecture waveforms are a very good source for the MWO.
Absolutely! The AK are great for Zebra!

@Tricky
The "amazing way" they can be used by this new MWO it can literally take forever!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

dakkra wrote:While resetting the names of Meta Parameters in the "Basic Synth", I noticed an odd behavior on the 5th parameter. It doesn't have a name in the text box yet has a name in its label. I can't changed the labeled name until I add a name in the text box and then clear it afterward.
Confirmed. Fixed in the next version. Thanks for reporting!
Until that next version: In that case, open and close the editor, or just resize it a bit so it is refreshed, then the names are updated.

Return to “MUTOOLS”