Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, just been reading another KVR thread about Love For Mux. Regarding the looks, to use a car analogy...
its like Aston Martin v Lamborghini, both very powerful but one is very elegant and understated, the other is very in your face, if you see what I mean.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

I've always been a fan of understated looks that is deceptively powerful beneath the skin. But, still, it needs to have quality in the looks

And MuLab / MUX does not have quality in the looks? If not, then what are the low quality aspects, in your view? (objective questions so to understand your message)

:o :x theres nothing wrong with the way mux or mulab looks it looks great as it is
Last edited by runaudio on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Absolutely, I think it looks great
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Happy to read your appreciations. Still also curious for sl23's feedback.

For my poor eyesight, Mutools look is simply the best. Dark background by default, all the colors tweakable, very readable elements, pure lines, minimalist look which doesn't distract the mind and allows very wide and airy spaces, focus wholeheartedly targeted to the sound.

In brief: the best.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

i agree with everything that Blackwinny said dont go changeing it just because one person doesnt think it looks good :pray:

Sorry Jo didn't mean anything bad. But off top of my head, as mentioned before, the buttons look a bit plain. When the play button is pressed it looks much better than the rest. Personally, I feel it would suit better if all buttons had this same finish to them. Atm, they look sort of 'unfinished' as if just quickly put together for function.

To stick with the car paradigm, and if you don't mind a critical voice.

Mux:

Random plugin:

I don't think the looks are the important thing here. The modular approach, and lots of windows are. Fair enough for those who like, and appreciate the non dismissable possibilites of Mux. For me it is too complicated to get my head around it, when programming it. Note though, that i only demo'd it briefly, but i would think i'm not so alone with that estimation.

Btw, windows on a synth plugin in general is an absolute no-go for me. Tabs are already pretty hindering, but having to open and close windows in order to access certain parameters is really bad.
Last edited by chk071 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A few 3D elements (knobs, buttons etc.) would make it much more elegant. But it's okay, it has a rather scientific look, similar to the Meldaproduction plugins!

The scientific look, maybe that's why BlackWinny likes it so much! :wink:

I think MUX is easy to understand and use. I don't see why audio software needs to look good, this is a crossing of the senses. I don't smell my car, or stare at food that i want to eat, either.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Give jo a break if you's are so great why dont you's all go and start makeing your own daw as all you know so much all and have these great ideas i bet you's wouldnt know were to start so would you's all give it a rest

Tricky-Loops wrote:A few 3D elements (knobs, buttons etc.) would make it much more elegant. But it's okay, it has a rather scientific look, similar to the Meldaproduction plugins!

The scientific look, maybe that's why BlackWinny likes it so much! :wink:
My scientific discipline was in the middle of the natural wildlife environments... so at the extreme opposite!
:D

Hi hi... no, I would rather say that I like it so much... before of its minimalistic appearance, quasi-zen, which is the best to not distract the mind by a crowd of small visual elements. And although... everything is there, accessible by only two clicks.

Even my dog loves Mulab:
(this one is not mine of course)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

The only reason I don't use MuLab that much is because I don't like how midi loop-recording works at the moment. But for me the plain and clean look of the app is something I like very much.

Return to “MUTOOLS”