Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

RunBeerRun wrote: I don't smell my car
I love the smell of new car interior, apparently its a man thing.
RunBeerRun wrote:or stare at food that i want to eat, either./quote]
If you beleive what chefs say, we eat with our eyes first, just dont have anything salty...stings like hell :hihi:
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

BlackWinny wrote: ...minimalist look which doesn't distract the mind and allows...focus wholeheartedly targeted to the sound.
Very well said, and gets to the heart of design <--> workflow. MuLab modules have a consistent design that is easy to decode, so I can easily focus on the sound I want while selecting only the tools I need to shape it. The more I use it, the more I like the "feeling of using it."
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I think I'm being misunderstood, as usual. Mulab looks amazing, in general, but certain things could be improved, which they on doubt will over time.

The 'flat' looks of Mulab make it look so much better than all those apps that add gradients to everything in an attempt to enhance appearance. Which actually does the opposite in my opinion.

Jo, you've done a fantastic job with Mulab, but a few details need ironing out that's all. Buttons are one thing that could be improved, but also the font is something that could maybe be changed or give a choice of fonts to suit different users needs.

I don't have any problems with my eyes, but I do find the font isn't that easy to read at times.

BTW, when I said I prefer understated looks and excellent performance you misunderstood me by assuming understated means bad or horrible. That's not what I meant. Lamborghini is a powerful car but it's looks are overstated and as a result it looks shit, in my opinion of course!

Understated can look plain, simple and good. With a power that belies its presence. That's what I meant...

sl23 wrote:Buttons are one thing that could be improved
What's not looking good about the buttons, in your view?
the font is something that could maybe be changed or give a choice of fonts to suit different users needs. I don't have any problems with my eyes, but I do find the font isn't that easy to read at times.
It's the plan to make MuLab / MUX even more vectorial and so the whole UI will be more sizable, including the font size. About the font itself: Are there other users that find the font not easy to read or not nice?

I personally dont find the font hard to read or anything, maybe its the ambient lighting or tiredness ( late nights staring at screen, we've all been there :) ) or screen size that makes it hard to read for you sl23, just a thought.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Perhaps a Preference for "Browser Font Size." When navigating through folders a few points larger would be nice.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

@Jo ~
Buttons look a tad plain and simple compared to the play and record buttons.

Text is fine on my 47 inch full HD TV so no problems there with my screen. Text spacing is possibly my main problem. Letters seem to blend together making legibility awkward at times.

sl23 wrote:Buttons look a tad plain and simple compared to the play and record buttons.
I don't understand as it are the very same type buttons. (everywhere in MuLab / MUX Modular)
Can you please explain in more detail what you mean.

mutools wrote:
the font is something that could maybe be changed or give a choice of fonts to suit different users needs. I don't have any problems with my eyes, but I do find the font isn't that easy to read at times.
It's the plan to make MuLab / MUX even more vectorial and so the whole UI will be more sizable, including the font size. About the font itself: Are there other users that find the font not easy to read or not nice?
It's just a humble opinion but I would simply suggest the use of verdana, which is probably the most readable font ever in the world. And it is a universal font, standard on OSX as well as on Windows. And for the poor eyes (it's my case too) it is the ideal font.

But it's just a suggestion to try.
:)
Last edited by BlackWinny on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

mutools wrote:
sl23 wrote:Buttons look a tad plain and simple compared to the play and record buttons.
I don't understand as it are the very same type buttons. (everywhere in MuLab / MUX Modular)
Can you please explain in more detail what you mean.
Sorry, for my inadequate explanation, my reply was done on my phone during my tea break at work so I was a bit hasty :D

When a button is pressed the highlight makes it look 'cheap' if you know what I mean? Whereas the Play and Record buttons (actually, after checking, all the Transport buttons) have a much more finished look about them.

right thats it leave it at that theres nothing wrong with the way mulab or mux looks now all just give over about already god stop complaining simple dont like the way it looks
move to a other daw there sorted :roll:

BlackWinny wrote:It's just a humble opinion but I would simply suggest the use of verdana
It is verdana.

sl23 wrote:When a button is pressed the highlight makes it look 'cheap' if you know what I mean? Whereas the Play and Record buttons (actually, after checking, all the Transport buttons) have a much more finished look about them.
I still don't see it, as it is exactly the same type of buttons, only the coloring differs. Did you try other color schemes?

runaudio wrote:right thats it leave it at that theres nothing wrong with the way mulab or mux looks now all just give over about already god stop complaining simple dont like the way it looks
move to a other daw there sorted :roll:
Hey to avoid confusing: sl23 was not repeatedly complaining, i asked him for his more detailed feedback, he answered the question, which i appreciate.

That said, i'll indeed leave it as is for now. Continuing the work on other aspects.

mutools wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:It's just a humble opinion but I would simply suggest the use of verdana
It is verdana.
Hi hi! My bad!!!
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “MUTOOLS”