Recording takes/layers!

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I searched the manual for info on how mulab handels layers/takes while recording audio? Did not finde any info, anyone that can inform me!?

PA :)
Carpe diem!

Simply record again, the new recording will be put on a sub-track.

Ok, thx, but is there possible to turn the sub feature of?
Carpe diem!

No such option. Why do you ask? What would be your ideal workflow?

When I record drum tracks for example, I like to be able to do quick punch-in retakes of certain areas of the song that I have cut out. When doing this kind of "fill the gaps" type of recording, I feel that it is much easier to just get the new take either trimmed on the sides or crossfaded between the old ones, without having to see new takes and old takes stack on eachother. This way it is also easier to make quick edits because I can see the waveform.
Carpe diem!

I've suggested punch in/out to Jo. But I got used to recording to a new track then trimming and moving it where I want the part to go.

Originally, at least in the first version 5 I tested, the part would go to the same track if there was room. But occasionally the logic would go wonky and put it somewhere you didn't expect it. I told Jo about this and he switched it to the way it is now.

Personally, I'd like to see something like the versions and lanes/comps that most of the competitors are offering now. With the ability to easily move parts back and forth of course.

Jon

Ok!)
Carpe diem!

Return to “MUTOOLS”