Some Add On's to the Dynamic EQ

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just some add on's to yesterdays Dynamic EQ:
I attach a patch "De-Esser" which is the father of the multi band patch. It's just one peak EQ band with the same dynamics as the multiband EQ. Might be usefull to some. It's called De-Esser because that was what i designed it for before I realized that this can be expanded.
De-Esser.jpg
I attach an Expert version of the Multiband Dynamic EQ.
In the standard version, the crossover settings directly affect the three EQ band frequencies. You can still edit the freqency in each band, but as soon you touch the crossover knob your specific setting is gone. This might not be wanted by all users. So here you have free reign, as with the De-Esser patch as well. You can make weird things such as duck your kick with each hit of the hihat.
Basically there is no relation between crossover network and EQ settings other than the control signals from the leftmost crossover band goes to the leftmost EQ band and so on.
And you have full access to the envelope followers.
MB-Dyn-EQ Expert.jpg
Finally I have slightly tweaked the front panel of the standard MB-Dyn-EQ to get it a little bit smaller. If you like that, use the attached version. Functionality has not changed at all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For some reason they aren't appearing in the file lists. I've placed in a folder called De-Esser and neither of the above are showing up?! I've deleted the MuXPresetFileCache.MuData files in any of its parent folders, but still nothing! Any ideas as to why this would happen?

Incidentally, just out of curiosity, why do we have to delete the MuXPresetFileCache every time you manually add files into the User Library? Shouldn't this be automatic? Is there a reason it isn't? If it can be done, please consider that a FR please... ;-)

Thanks

I didnt know we had to, any mux I've added so far just shows up
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

I've had to do it several times with other presets, otherwise they won't appear, but I've never had a problem where they don't appear after deleting this file. Is it a bug?

Just thinking loud: It could make a difference if you drop/extract the new presets in a new sub-folder, then it should all go automatically. If you're dropping MUX preset files in a folder that already contains MUX preset files, then it could be that that cache file needs to be deleted so to reset that folder cache. The cache file works per folder. Note that the goal of that cache file is to speed up things. If each folder would have to be examined each time again to check for changes, then it's missing its goal. Note that you can also reset the cache via the object browser. ("Refresh")

Everything you mentioned has already been done. ie, the presets were d/l to a seperate sub-folder then Mu-Lab started. They didn't appear in the Rack's menu so I tried deleting all MuXPresetFileCache files in all parent folders. This didn't work hence I posted here.

I have noticed these presets are showing in the file browser, but they can't be dragged to a rack, I get an error:
Couldn't load preset file.

The only thing I didn't try is that Refresh you mentioned, how do I do that, what's the object browser? Will that make any difference?

Seems strange I can't add/use these presets! Everything else I try seems to work but these three presets!

EDIT:
Think I found the refresh, it's in the file browser, yes? Refresh list? Did that but nothing changed. They still do not appear in the Rack list, not even the sub-folder is shown, which is strange as it appears in the file browser?!

As a double-check i downloaded the zip and extracted it in the User/Library/Mux folder and so there now is a De-Esser sub-folder there. Launched MuLab and all is there and presets can be loaded. So all working fine here. Don't know what's going on there. It should be straightforward. What MuLab version are you using? Are you using a custom user library folder? Anyone else having difficulties with this?

By the way, as i was double-checking this, what i wrote in my previous post is correct: If you're dropping MUX preset files in a folder that already contained a cache file, you need to delete that cache file or do Browser -> MUX Presets -> Refresh List -> Also refresh cache? -> Yes, which both does the same thing. It's good to remember that the MUX preset cache works per folder. Cfr http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/pr ... ement.html

Just checking: You did extract the preset files from the zip file, right? I mean: the zip file itself is not supported, it must be explicitly extracted. Even when Windows may show the zip file as a virtual folder, this won't work, you need to explicitly extract the zip file.

I extracted the files into a new subfolder and started Mulab. Hence there was no current cache in this folder. This is the way I have always done it and never had a problem.

Though I learnt early on that the cache needs deleting when adding new presets manually, actually somebody told me.

If the problem is specific to me, would it be helpful to email my complete install to you? I'll remove any large files to keep the size down.

Oh, and I always keep up to date with latest beta version.

sl23 wrote:If the problem is specific to me, would it be helpful to email my complete install to you?
No. I propose to keep an eye on this. Maybe some reason will be discovered lateron. Pls keep me posted if you have any new pieces of this strange puzzle. Thx.

Are you sure you are using MuLab 6.2? Pls double-check via MULAB menu -> Info -> About MuLab. Dropping these new AD presets into a previous MuLab version will result in the error alert you reported.

I d/l from here here. Is there another place to download betas? I only ask as the previous link stopped working and I now use the one above.

Ok, I just realised that you have two locations for downloads, is there a reason you changed this? For some reason I d/l the last app patch from above thinking it was v6.2?! As I have the page pinned for quick access, I used that instead of the link above, sorry about that. :oops: :dog:

Now everything is fine, my mistake. I should look at the numbers more closely! Thanks for your assistance Jo :tu:

The app-patch webfolder is for the latest official version (only the app/exe/dll files), the forsythia webfolder is for the latest test version. See first post in this topic, it contains the forsythia download link. These webfolders may change, if there are good reasons for that, but i don't expect to change them soon. Anyway, best is to use the links included in the posts/mails. Yes always a good thing to check the splash screen for the version, after you changed something, i do that myself too. Glad the prob is solved :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”