shortcircuit sampler

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've already asked a lot of questions about mulab - and was pleased to get fast replies
I've also already seen functions added in answer to my requests - eg: delete duplicates and keyboard shortcuts for zooming - thankyou

I'm really on the verge of buying mulab but there's an important (to me) problem that needs sorting out - regarding the shortcircuit 1.1.2 sampler.

I've been using this plugin in energy xt for a long time - it's excellent as a drum sampler
but there has always been a problem with the "replace sample" function in energy xt.

For any sample slot this let's you browse (using windows explorer as far as I can tell) through samples - and as you select them it temporarily replaces the existing sample - great for auditioning in place - if you then "save" the sample is permanently replaced - if you just cancel - the original sample stays in place.

Unfortunately I find there is also a problem in mulab - selecting a sample in the browser shuts off the slot sound altogether - and a reload is needed to resume working

This is a deal breaker for me - as annoyingly this function works fine in other daws

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has knowledge of this - and if a fix can be made

thanks for your help
Cheers

Mick

I think this is a question for the Shortcircuit developer, no?

Well it's been "abandoned" for some years now - the writer brought out a new version 2 - but nobody liked it

it works fine in Reaper , Cubase , minihost , vsthost - which leads me to believe it is some sort of "browser mismatch" issue.

If you could have a quick look and give your verdict I would be obliged - all other functions in shortcircuit work absolutely fine

I'm going to buy mulab anyway as I'm really getting to like it

many thanks

Mick
Cheers

Mick

Mick, i can't do anything about Shortcircuit as i don't have the code, a VST plugin is like a black box to the host.

But maybe you can do a lot of things that you want to do with SC using the (multi)samplers in MUX Modular, which is included in MuLab.

Thankyou - I didn't think you could change shortcircuit - but if it works in other DAWs there's obviously some sort of mismatch somewhere.

Yes I will have a closer look at the mux stuff

cheers
Cheers

Mick

If you really need a separate sampler, most people seem to be going for TX16Wx these days, its free, maybe that will work how you want
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Yes - tried it many times but find it awkward to use - (and it's only free with missing features)
many thanks for your suggestion though

Mick
Cheers

Mick

Just done a search and this came up, any good ?
http://www.linuxsampler.org/features.html
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Thanks very much bibz1st - will check that out
Cheers

Mick

mickwest1 wrote:Thankyou - I didn't think you could change shortcircuit - but if it works in other DAWs there's obviously some sort of mismatch somewhere.
Are you using the exact same audio setup in all hosts? Maybe previewing a sample in the OS explorer while a DAW is up (depending on its audio setup) might confuse the audio driver? Just thinking loud.

Thanks - Yes I use EMU ASIO - but thanks - I will check that area
Cheers

Mick

just for info - I tried different audio setups and no difference - it seems to be in the "handing over control" department - some DAWS work and others don't??
Cheers

Mick

I dont know a lot about shortcircit 1.2
If i understand right you dont hear sound after changing or loading new sample ?
This happen to me but when i switch to multi play i can play the note . Then i can swicht back to editing sample parameter. Same for changing sample note.
Major problem with shortcircuit i cannot prehearing the sound as in TX16 befor loading.
For me it looks like sample is not played thru audio port when selecting new sample.

Storing sound only work with menu in sample selecting column ( .scm) not fpx.

Is your asio multi instance ? Maybe mulab 6 dont support multi instance. Cannot test, i dont have such driver.

MuLab (or any ASIO app) has no control over whether a ASIO driver is multi-client or not. That's an ASIO driver aspect. As far as i know ASIO is not multi-client from design. There may be workarounds (multi-client wrapper), pls search the net.

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “MUTOOLS”