MuLab & MUX Modular 6.4.17 Released

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a new MuLab 6.3.7 test version in http://www.mutools.com/forsythia/

What's changed since M6.3.6: http://www.mutools.com/forsythia/change-log.txt

How to upgrade from MuLab 6.2.x or up:
OSX: Simply replace the MuLab.app by the new version.
Windows: Simply replace the MuLab.exe + MuLab.ID files by the new versions.

mutools wrote:
  • New "Update To Modified Audio Files" function which will update the audio file session objects to any changes applied to the source file. This function is only visible if the "Auto Check For Modified Audio Files" preference is off. (see next point)
  • Added new preference "Auto Check For Modified Audio Files".
    When switched on, then when an audio file has been edited externally (for details see this doc page) and you switch back to the session window then a question pops up whether to to update to the latest changes.
    If this preference is switched off, you can still update to the latest changes using the new "Update To Modified Audio Files" function which is in the main Session menu in this case.
Maybe this sounds a bit complicated but don't worry too much about this, it is only relevant in case you're using audio files in your session and edit them in another app at the same time. These 2 changes are in fact an optimization of how it worked before, resulting in a bit more snappy UI when using audio parts. This UI speed difference depends on how fast your system's file manager works, the faster it works the less difference you'll notice between M6.3.6 and M6.3.7. M6.3.7 just tries to minimize accessing the files.

This is excellent -- I was about to start trying this (hence my hitting problems getting the audio into the session in the first place). :)

mutools wrote:
  • When switching a session off, ...
Sorry, but - :oops: - how do I switch off a session? (Never did before.)
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

Oh - I see (rtfm). Thank you. It's a fine function. (Was it there all along? I hadn't find this in the change log.)
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

the way you can see the session is a bit silly because if you want to see the second session you have to drag down you should have all of them at the top of the first so you can click back and forth between them just like the way tracktion and bitwig has done

Will the GUI problem with some Arturia-Plugs fixed too??

You cannot select any knob / switch of spark? And the Oberheim SEM doesn't work the right way and some problems more with arturia plugs (Collection 4)

And on MAC (10.9) it works only 32bit and with only one core and more problems

Oh man!
I love you big time!

MIDIMIDIMIDIMIDI!

:tu: :party: :hug:

16 input ports... I like this idea :D
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

runaudio wrote:the way you can see the session is a bit silly because if you want to see the second session you have to drag down you should have all of them at the top of the first so you can click back and forth between them just like the way tracktion and bitwig has done
You can also alt-tab between the session windows, or use any other standard OS way to switch between windows.

jd88 wrote:Will the GUI problem with some Arturia-Plugs fixed too??
Which GUI problem?

thank you very much jo

mutools wrote:
jd88 wrote:Will the GUI problem with some Arturia-Plugs fixed too??
Which GUI problem?

There are some problems:

You can't edit any fader or switch from eventide Ultrachannel

You can't hit or select any switch, pad or fader from Arturia 'Spark 2' plug, same with: Arturia Oberheim.

>>>> But this problem only happens with OSX Maverick lower then Version 9.5. After I updated OSX on that MAC too to 9.5 this plugs are working. So, now for me it is fixes :) <<<<

- - - - -

But why Mutools does not use Multicore (using only 1 core) and why only 32 bit on MAC Maverick 9.5 ???

Little probleme with midi save.

Saving in main as track or all tracks is ok. mid extention is added

Saving as midi in sequence (down left cell) mid extention not added, same when using context menu on selected sequence , mid extention not added.

Return to “MUTOOLS”