MuLab & MUX Modular 6.4.17 Released

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jd88 wrote:But why Mutools does not use Multicore (using only 1 core)
It does, see MULAB menu -> Audio Setup -> Num Audio Processing Threads.
Also see http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/audio-setup.html

Great!
The 16x16 i/o midi is working great so far.
I now have 10x14 i/o and everything works like charm.
It was  nice touch that the outs automatically appeared in the modular area.

Thank you for this, its great stuff.

mutools wrote:
jd88 wrote:But why Mutools does not use Multicore (using only 1 core)
It does, see MULAB menu -> Audio Setup -> Num Audio Processing Threads.
Also see http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/audio-setup.html

OK, if it does, then the performance is very, very poor (I'm using ReNoise, Logic, Energy-XT, Bitwig, tracktion 5, Live, Reaper and more) and Mutools is the only one that can handle only the half number of Plugs (same song, exactly same plugs tested on each of the sequencers named above) then other sequencers. Ok, Energy-Xt is problem too (but BETA and jorgen will never be ready with his thing :D )

Then: ARTURIA-plugs GUI problem. Please load 'Wurlitzer'-Plug. Then you'll see what I'm meaning. This plug will be shown outside the 'wrapper' (Plug-window). After that the problem with other Arturia Plugs appears (you cannot edit Spark and some more plugs).

Same 'sometimes' after you opend preferences or Audio (for to change to 2 cores)

Sorry, but there is really a bug. I like MuTools very much, so don't missunderstand my report.

And really, I don't know what happens with your implementation 'dualcore', but it doesn't work like the others software. And what about 64-bit on MAC??? Actually it only works with 32-bit.

Thanks an best reg.

jd88 wrote:OK, if it does, then the performance is very, very poor (I'm using ReNoise, Logic, Energy-XT, Bitwig, tracktion 5, Live, Reaper and more) and Mutools is the only one that can handle only the half number of Plugs (same song, exactly same plugs tested on each of the sequencers named above) then other sequencers.
Can you please be more specific about this test you did? How can i do the same test you did?

New MuLab 6.3.8 test version available in http://www.mutools.com/forsythia/

What's changed since M6.3.7:
  • New "Scroll To Play Cursor" shortcut function.
  • Sequence object display: If no sequence then right-click will also popup the relevant choice list.
  • Sequence object display: Tooltip only displayed when name is not fully displayed.
  • Creating the graphic overview data for an audio file is faster.
  • New preference "Create Audio File Overview Length Threshold" defines when to create a graphic overview .OVW file for an audio file.
  • When deleting the audio file used by an audio part, the graphic was still shown. Fixed.
  • Manage Audio/Sample Files: When you move audio files into the session's 'Audio' sub-folder, also the .OVW file is moved too. (if any)
  • Browser -> Samples: Support for multi-selected drag-drop.
How to upgrade from MuLab 6.2.x or up: Simply replace the MuLab.app / MuLab.exe + MuLab.ID files by the new versions.

thanks for the update but i wish you had support for multi selected drag -drop your own sounds and loops would be nice not just the samples from mulab

Braserox wrote:Little probleme with midi save.

Saving in main as track or all tracks is ok. mid extention is added at end of the file

Saving as midi in sequence (down left cell) mid extention not added at end of the file, same when using context menu on selected sequence , mid extention not added at end of the file.
Maybe you had not time to change that in 6.38 or not seen my message.

Indeed i missed that post, sorry. Will be fixed in the next version. Thx for reporting this.

There is a new MuLab 6.4.1 test version in http://www.mutools.com/forsythia/

What's changed since the previous M6.3.8 test version:
  • Renamed the term "Session" to the more familiar term "Project".
    Project files now get the extension MuProject.
    Upon starting this new version, MuLab automatically renames the MuSession library folders to MuProject.
    The MuSession files themselves are not renamed though (except for the factory ones), renaming a MuSession file to MuProject is done when resaving a project.
  • Renamed the "Audio File" object type in RAM to "Audio Stream".
    This way there is a more clear differentiation between an Audio Stream (=Mu project object) and an Audio File (AIFF or WAVE file on disk).
  • New Sinc-16 interpolation for samples. This also is the new default.
    Sinc-16 interpolation sounds much better when transposing samples which contains lots of high frequencies aka trebles.
    Unfortunately it also uses more CPU, but the gain in sound-quality is much bigger than the increase in CPU usage.
  • Improved control over the sample interpolation mode:
    Anywhere sample play properties are defined there now is an extra [Options] button.
    By default all sample players use the global preference so interpolation mode can be easily changed for all sample players (inluding all multi-sample zones) that use the global preference.
  • New One Pole Lowpass module.
  • Improved the sample playback engine when in backward or alternate loop mode so no double samples are played at the returning points.
  • Slightly improved sound quality of some of the Multi-Form Oscillator transforms.
  • When working with many tracks and audio parts, scrolling, zooming and editing the composer is (much) faster now.
  • When exporting individual sequences as a MIDI file, now the MIDI file extension always properly is .mid
  • Fixed a sorting issue in the meta-parameter map table.
  • Fixed a possible memory leak when quitting.
  • Via right-click audio marker -> Edit it was possible to set the marker beyond the end of the audio. Fixed.
  • Some parameter values were not displaying decimals while intended. Fixed.
Full change-log since M6.3.6 is here: http://www.mutools.com/forsythia/change-log.txt

How to upgrade from MuLab 6.2.x or up:
OSX: Simply replace the MuLab.app by the new version.
Windows: Simply replace the MuLab.exe + MuLab.ID files by the new versions.

Practical note: Due to renaming the term "Session" to "Project" it is highly recommended to backup (zip) the User/Settings folder because you'll need it if you would want to return to the official M6.3.6. Nothing dramatic but it's about certain function shortcuts and settings that also have been renamed.

I've done all basic testing but hopefully some of you also like testing new versions.
The sooner all the latest changes can be regarded as ready to rock, the sooner new developments can continue. (some nice plans on the table)

Looking forward to your feedback.

Once again Jo, you are the man! Will test later, thanks much---
Can I fit in a FR? Dunno about others but Id like to be able to see the composition loop markers inside the edit window. Good day now-

Sessions, sorry, Projects with many audio files are now handling A LOT faster! Scroll and zoom are now as i know it from pure midi sessions.

Great update!

Hi Jo

I tried with two different drum samples which I have
made into a mux and it crashes MuLab instantly.

All my user templates are now doubled.

Can others confirm this ?

Cheers
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

All works fine here.
Old MUX with samples work, newly created work, no double templates.

AndreasD wrote:All works fine here.
Old MUX with samples work, newly created work, no double templates.
Perhaps it has something to do with my user library
which I have moved from my C drive to my E drive
and changed it accordingly under Preferences.

Otherwise I havent a clue.

Cheers

EDIT: It seems it has something to do with REX files.
When I try to play one MuLab crashes
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

sbj wrote:Perhaps it has something to do with my user library which I have moved from my C drive to my E drive and changed it accordingly under Preferences.
Do you see all your user library items in the browser and popup lists? If yes then the user library folder is defined ok.
EDIT: It seems it has something to do with REX files. When I try to play one MuLab crashes
Please email me the REX file(s) that crashes MuLab so i can research the reason of the crash.

Return to “MUTOOLS”