Problem with understanding structure mux/rack/project modular environment (SOLVED)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

seems I still dont understand the general behaviour/structure of how mux/rack/project modular environment works together, maybe someone could help.

What I want to do:
- first: use rapid composer with different vst in a mux for composing
that part was shown in a nice video in RC and works fine
- second: use the same mux/environment for a complete work environment/project with all the midi input channels from the midi channel split in the mux represented in midi racks and tracks so that after finishing a raw composition I could just drag the midi from RC to the tracks and the racks with the vst will work like in the mux

So what I tried to do: add a rack after evry VST in the mux hoping that it is represented in the rack bar and corresponds to a track.

That I just cant get to work. I tried copy the rack from the mux to the rack window and adding more audio outputs to the mux, but I must have a error in reasoning, just wont work, is not represented in the modular environment/rack window like I want it to be.

Really would appreciate some advice,

Kind regards,

Richard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tatanka on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MuLab's structure is explained here: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common ... n-mux.html

About racks showing up in the rack desk: Currently only the racks in the session modular area (= the root of the modular tree) are shown in the rack desk. Atoh if it would be showing all racks on all levels that could be unwanted too. There is a note on the wishlist to be able to control which racks are visible in the rack desk. I agree that would be an interesting feature.

Hello Joe,

thanks for the answer.

I have now finished my mux with all the vst and racks but still have not found a solution for my problem.

If getting the racks from the mux into the rack window is not possible is there any way to add more audio outputs to the mux so that I can put the racks in the modular environment and then connect the vst in the mux over there ? Actual it is not possible cause the mux has only one out in the modular area but I have about six or so vst in the mux and will need a rack for evryone to be able to connect them to a midi track/rack later on.

Or maybe my solution has some wrong thinking and there is a general better solution to do what I want.

Kind regards,

Richard

tatanka wrote:If getting the racks from the mux into the rack window is not possible...
Not yet, but fyi step by step i'm working on a solution extension.
...is there any way to add more audio outputs to the mux
Yes: Add a Audio Output module within the that MUX, that will create an extra audio output jack for that MUX.
Can you work out a solution for you using that feature?

:D

Thank you Joe,

had just found that solution the moment I was looking and seen your post. Dont know why I could not do it that way yesterday, but now it works (only first two racks for channel 1 and 2 finished, rest I will have to do the same way) and I am very happy with that solution. Maybe not the best way and not very elegant but it works :) :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MUTOOLS”