mux for mac please?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok it seemed that you were not interested in replying and so i deduced the logic involved with your apparent decision... but ok if youre still considering it, perhaps its too early to conclude what i did above. im not sure what i have to say will sway your decision one way or another. so ill just keep quiet. there are plenty who will no doubt chime in with what you want to hear on the subject.

solipsvs wrote:ok it seemed that you were not interested in replying
It's about an important decission. I'll give it the necessary time. Also note that i'm at least waiting a week for replies on this topic to come in, not everyone is constantly on Kvr, some users only pass by from time to time. So enough reason to give it some time. Meanwhile i'm also working on something else, MUX related: Improved LFOs with editable waveform, start phase, ... More on that soon.

If my silence on this topic was confusing for some of you, let me explain it then: Thanks a lot for the interesting replies so far, i'm thinking about the various things said. On sunday i also took a full day off, it was the first real sun 8) day of spring 2015 here in belgium.

i guess its worth saying that your current user base might not be the best indication of an interest in mux4mac, since they would like to please you. i think we are talking about a base of users not on board yet because there is no mux on mac at the moment. unfortunately there is no way to ask them. i think the burden of a small business owner is to forecast an interest in a potential product. you take the risk and reap the rewards or the consequences as the reality may be.

all you need to do is listen to commercial radio to know that repetition and forcefeeding are the key promotional tactics that drive big sales. so with no (tasteful) promotional campaign, i think theres no chance of numbers. my guess is that if you spend money on a promotional campaign, your numbers would increase enough to make mux4mac worthwhile. a product like FLS does not promote as much given its underground popularity with the hip hoppers and junglists. im positive they dont sell nearly as much as products with promotional campaigns such as ableton live or NI stuff. i get an email from NI almost every day, if not every other day>>very annoying but very effective.

solipsvs wrote:i guess its worth saying that your current user base might not be the best indication of an interest in mux4mac, since they would like to please you. i think we are talking about a base of users not on board yet because there is no mux on mac at the moment. unfortunately there is no way to ask them. i think the burden of a small business owner is to forecast an interest in a potential product. you take the risk and reap the rewards or the consequences as the reality may be.
I agree with that so that's why i at least wanted to post the question here, hoping that other non-MuLab/MUX users here on Kvr, who already showed interest, would post their opinion too, like some did (Thx!). Believe me i'm definitely interested in Mux for Mac, it would be a logical step, by i'm just carefully checking if it would be a right step, as it will cost me R&D time and money for a new Mac (@ aMUSEd: Yes it's necessary, no doubt).

solipsvs wrote:all you need to do is listen to commercial radio to know that repetition and forcefeeding are the key promotional tactics that drive big sales. so with no (tasteful) promotional campaign, i think theres no chance of numbers. my guess is that if you spend money on a promotional campaign, your numbers would increase enough to make mux4mac worthwhile. a product like FLS does not promote as much given its underground popularity with the hip hoppers and junglists. im positive they dont sell nearly as much as products with promotional campaigns such as ableton live or NI stuff. i get an email from NI almost every day, if not every other day>>very annoying but very effective.
It's the chicken and the egg problem: small business has only limited budget for promo so difficult to grow.

Also: It's exactly because time & money resources are limited that i have to carefully think about this. Maybe investing the time & money in promo would give more result than investing the time & money in a new mac and Mux4Mac R&D? Not the question you wanna hear i assume (it sounds like you really want M4M right?) but it's a good rational question.

Still evaluating and listening.

To be honest it doesnt matter to me if a Mac version is done or not but it seemed a bit aggressive the way you posted, just because people "chime in" is no reason to have a go at Jo or the satisfied "userbase". Im not taking sides here but there is too much aggression displayed on the KVR forums at the moment.
If Jo's not ready to do a Mac version just yet then thats his decision.
Ok thats my rant over with, have a nice day :)
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

oh you mean its not my decision? ok thanks for letting me know, i wasnt sure for a second lol. having a go at... what? does the truth offend you? how do you go about verbalizing it? do you beat round tha bush as it were? im sorry if i forced you to look at things in a realistic way, i dont mean to take anyone away from their little bubble of comfort.

mutools wrote:Maybe investing the time & money in promo would give more result than investing the time & money in a new mac and Mux4Mac R&D? Not the question you wanna hear i assume (it sounds like you really want M4M right?) but it's a good rational question.
well, if you invest in promotion, the pace of business may speed up altogether. then youll have more resources to throw around. one of many possible scenarios of course. i think the buy a laptop and code mux4mac is not the correct order to do these 2, if indeed you were intending to do both. and yes of course i want m4m, despite what i just said.

also, once you have the numbers in wrt promotions vs no promotions, youll see the worth of it, not so much chicken and egg. of course, if your campaign is not effective, you cant expect much. this is a real actual business environment. there are no bubbles here. just a little business lesson for anyone not accustomed with business. im not pointing fingers or having a go as it were :borg:

http://www.gofundme.com/amenbrother

is anyone familiar with this website? not that particular promotion, just the website.

hey you were right! there is no interest. :( it seems impossible now with all those obstacles you mentioned. might as well take down the 'its planned' statement on your website if its not actually planned. :dog:

I think there is interest, eventhough this thread may not have been very hot. Conclusion at this point is that MUX for Mac still is a goal. But first the sales of MUX for Windows should go up so to create the investment budget to do MUX for Mac. If you have any tips how to make MUX for Windows more popular (and thus raise the chances for MUX for Mac) pls let me know.

I know you give license to people if they come up with a good Mulab track on your forum but maybe there should be a One Synth Challenge type of thing using the Demo version, wider audience could mean more sales?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Nice idea bibz1st! Then, if the OSC winners would share their song files made with Mux in various DAWs, others could download & open those files as demos.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “MUTOOLS”