Default loop length

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thought I'd raise this in it's own topic

There is no actual "duplicate" function in mulab - but this is replaced by setting a loop length in a part - after which dragging out the part length creates the repeats

This is an OK system - but at the moment it takes a bit longer to do than a standard duplicate key command (I just use "D" in energyXT) - because you have to enter the editor and create the loop

But it could actually be quicker (and much more helpful) - if when creating a part a default loop was automatically set for the whole part length - thus allowing the dragging to immediately create the repeats without having to go into the editor
Cheers

Mick

It's like that already! If you draw a new sequence part of 1 bar, it's automatically set to loop 1 bar, and you can immediately stretch it over say 8 bars = 8 loops.

he means loops if a loop is only two bars long say he wants to drag it to wot ever lenght he wants he wants it to repeat it self over and over by draging the side of it

That's what it does, doesn't it? I guess i'm missing something.

sorry i wish it did but it doesn't here is a two bar loop lets say i wanted to drag it to the end of bar 16 when i do its blank after two bars here is a picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh you're talking about audio parts?! I thought OP was talking about sequence parts.

yeah audio loops

Ha ha - I WAS talking about sequence parts and you are quite right Jo - it does work if I draw notes in - but not if I record a sequence
Cheers

Mick

Yes - if I pre-define the part it loops but not if I just record from scratch
Cheers

Mick

sorry every one but it would be nice if you could do it to audio as well

I hadn't realised that it does work if you set up the part first - that's fair enough actually -
It's because I always just press record to make a new part

.... but it did also occur to me that the same (loop) function on audio parts would be handy!
Cheers

Mick

Yes agreed on improving audio parts. About recording sequence parts: You know what: Initially it was like that: Recording a sequence part set an auto loop for it. But users asked to disable that. Ok, but between then and now we have a good preference system so i'll make that a preference in some next version.

thank you jo

excellent
Cheers

Mick

Return to “MUTOOLS”