Correct way to do a fadeout for song/session?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I really love making music with MuLab. It sounds great, it's really easy to work with (i.e. one gets good-sounding results very quickly) and it seems incredibly fast (I have tons of synths and FX and do everything in realtime). I'm really happy I bought it! :)

A question: How do I do a fadeout of an entire song (as opposed to individual files or tracks)? I guess that one perhaps doesn't do that often, and instead do that in a mixing software, but nonetheless... is it possible?
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Hi SparkySpark

You drag your master rack to the + sign in the arrange window
and then Right click and choose - Add automation sub-track.

From the list that appears you choose gain and then draw
a sequence where you can draw your fading (after double clicking it)

Cheers

sbj
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Worked like a charm - thanks!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

You can also right-click the rack volume fader and choose "Drag Parameter" and drop it on the [+] Track button. This way might be a bit faster.

mutools wrote:You can also right-click the rack volume fader and choose "Drag Parameter" and drop it on the [+] Track button. This way might be a bit faster.
Haven't thought of that :dog:

Thanks Jo :tu: Definitely faster approach
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

And this works for any parameter in any module, except for the parameters in VST editors, as MuLab/MUX has no access to those VST parameter widgets.

You can also drag a parameter by simply click-drag its name, but the rack volume fader does not have an explicit name, hence the "Drag Parameter" solution.

Return to “MUTOOLS”