Set a rack for evry clip in a track possible and how ? (SOLVED)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think I knew the answer sometime, somewhere (hope its not alzheimer already)....

I want to add different racks to different clips in one track, is that possible (like per track midi channel per track rack) ? Or do I need to make subtracks and then choose racks for the subtracks ?

I just ask cause with lot of subtracks (automation.....) its really gettin kind of confusing on my screen. Of course it helps with grouping and subtracks but would just be nice, so I thin I just aks.

Kind regards,

Richard
Last edited by tatanka on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Its probably not quite the answer you're looking for but is that not what the sequencer player module can do to a certain extent.
There may be a "correct" way of doing it but its all I can think of, needs someone more experienced than me :wink:
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Per part racks are not supported but you can set a different MIDI channel per part so what you could do is this: Add a MIDI Channel Splitter in the project modular area and hookup up to different 16 racks, and drag-drop that MIDI Channel Splitter onto the track header so that that track is sending to that MIDI Channel Splitter. Then by choosing the MIDI channel per part on that track you can choose which of the racks will be targetted. This is assumed you're talking about sequence parts. This won't work for audio parts nor automation parts.

Thank you Joe,

thats a far better solution then the one I figured out in the meantime :D .

I just made me a rack with that midi channel splitter but thats not very elegant, of course the midichannel splitter in the project modular area is much nicer :D

Thank you :tu:

bibz1st: thank you for your answer too but my problem: "sequence player module" is where I have no knowledge at all (will have to look for that too sometime...)

Addon: works wonderful, just what I had in mind :D came to my mind cause I wanted to try out different (free) accoustic guitar VST on one track and see if that maybe sounds more interesting if different guitars play sam part, but this way possibilities are endless, I can even let a complete different part from another clip play threw that same rack. Now confusion will no longer be ont hat screen but only in my had :lol:

Return to “MUTOOLS”