FR: GM MIDI file playback with MUX instruments only with drag & drop

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

present the power of MuLab with your favorite GM MIDI file playback with MUX instruments only with drag & drop

at the moment it's realy hard to make our favorite GM MIDI file ready for playback, because MuLab has no GM MIDI instrument set and in the imported MIDI file you can only find the program change value in List Editor for each track.

if we would have a GM MIDI instrument set, created based on MUX instruments, we could select the right instrument based on program change value in List Editor.

but if MuLab would create also the target racks with the right instrument based on program change value in List Editor for us, we only have to press playback after drag & drop to enjoy our favorite GM MIDI file.

in this case the noise in the free version could be replaced with a save file limitation of max. 4 tracks...

Thanks for your constructive suggestions but extended specific support for GM is not planned on short term because i'll be working on other requests & wishes for MuLab and MUX Modular. Sorry that i have to make choices.

Ok, it would seem that i'm the only one who has interrest on this FR ... :o

You could make a project template that preloads certain instruments like drums, bass, piano, brass etc etc and work from there,all you have to do then is direct each midi track to those instuments and add more as necessary, not ideal but its a thought.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

bibz1st wrote:You could make a project template that preloads certain instruments like drums, bass, piano, brass etc etc and work from there,all you have to do then is direct each midi track to those instuments and add more as necessary, not ideal but its a thought.
i have already used a project template, but it's hard to find the right MUX instrument sound and some sounds are not included.
as workaround i have to create my own GM instrument set, because MUX instruments must be adapted for a balanced GM sound pattern, or i can use Cakewalk Music Creator with TTS-1 which has the GM MIDI file playback functionality.

Return to “MUTOOLS”