MuLab font, toolbar mock-up

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote:Buttons look very tacky, but I do agree with a thicker font for those buttons would be better.
+1

EvilDragon wrote: I agree with Jo that font size/weight should be program-wide, not just on particular buttons. Perhaps different sections (like separate setting for buttons, separate for menus/dropdowns, separate for rulers, that kind of thing).
+1

Okay, see - this has been a roaring success, because, well... I gave you guys a mock-up and well... I got mocked! :lol: :) :hihi: Thank God I've got a sense of humor...

I do agree with alot of your comments actually. The cheesy bevel was the result of some built-in Photoshop functions that just automatically apply those effects. I kinda like them though...

I think you might like this a bit more -
MuLab flat toolbar.png
Browser Fonts.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Grizzellda, thx for sharing your ideas. Just FYI, to spare you unnecessary work, i've no plans to change the looks of the buttons. The only intention i have, in this context, is to support a user chosen font and font size. It doesn't matter which font that is as ideally the user can choose one of the zillion fonts available. I can't give a time estimation on when i'll start the r&d on this, i'll first work on some other plans which were already decided.

This is how I would like it to look... (Font wise):

Cheers.
Bye.
:)

Interesting mockup. Thx for sharing.

Regnas wrote:This is how I would like it to look... (Font wise):
:)
+1 Definitely better :tu:

I might be the only one to say that it's too bold...

Oh well. Can't please everyone. If it goes that way it will go that way. I'll love Mulab either way :D
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote:I might be the only one to say that it's too bold...
I'm with you mate!
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Good to read about all these different preferences.

it needs a female touch lol

Nielzie wrote:
dakkra wrote:I might be the only one to say that it's too bold...
I'm with you mate!
Me too. Looks like having it as something the user can choose is the only way to please everyone.

Yep, that's already a lot more readable and noticeable, IMHO.

And in case one needs reminding regarding trends - the "90's-look" should be back in fashion in about 5 years...

mutools wrote:Grizzellda, thx for sharing your ideas. Just FYI, to spare you unnecessary work, i've no plans to change the looks of the buttons. The only intention i have, in this context, is to support a user chosen font and font size. It doesn't matter which font that is as ideally the user can choose one of the zillion fonts available. I can't give a time estimation on when i'll start the r&d on this, i'll first work on some other plans which were already decided.
That's great Jo, really appreciate you listening to all of this. It would be really cool to choose different fonts available on the system for the different sections of the app...just like choosing colours for the MuSynth, MuDrum, etc. Choosing some font colours would be very nice too.

Oh, and I didn't actually think you were going to change the buttons! :hihi: You obviously work hard on MuLab, all I was going for were some additional user tweaks. Thanks for considering!

Return to “MUTOOLS”