Optimized CPU usage
7%
MuSynth as VST plugin
2%
More clear and tight relationship between tracks and racks
1%
Time Stretching
13%
Loop composer / clip launcher mode for intuitively building up patterns / live performances
16%
Freezing
8%
Arpeggiator / Step sequencer module, embeddable into front panels
14%
Scalable user interface, customizable fonts
3%
Other, specified in post
7%
None
2%

Total votes: 209

RELATED
PRODUCTS

JohnD71651 wrote: I want menu entries and racks to be stacked vertically and horizontally at the same time on the screen, like in a spread sheet,
Well, I think it is unlikely that MuLab will ever resemble a spreadsheet! Best get used to scrolling. By the way, the racks can be collapsed to narrow strips, if you didn't know. Making more room for many of them, before you would have to scroll...
JohnD71651 wrote:I don't get your point (I have never used Cubase). My request is not about routing, it's only about the user interface.
My point was that in traditional linear type sequencers a "track" is usually associated with a "fader" on a "mix console".

In a modular program like MuLab, this can be modified.

And you have 700 plug-ins? Wow!!! You might be interested, earlier in this thread I asked Jo for better plug-in facilities. Something akin to "folders within folders". SONAR does this quite well. Not only can you group your plugs in a wide variety of ways, you can even save different plug-in scenarios to disk!!!

Jo, please look at this at some point. You said you were open to learning from Fruity, well you could get something from SONAR too.

Did I say please? I really meant "pretty please"!!! :hihi: :lol: :D
Last edited by Grizzellda on Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

mutools wrote:Tip: You can group your VST plugins. That will make the VST list less long and more organized.
Or expand category you need (instruments / effects), put the focus on the plugin list (put cursor inside the list) and start typing on the keyboard just as you were writing the plugins name. If you make a mistake during typing then just tap cursor key and start writing once again.

Please add the vst3 -support. A lot of vst's (
the vst's of Steinberg) don't have a vst2-version anymore.

Grizzellda wrote:
JohnD71651 wrote: I want menu entries and racks to be stacked vertically and horizontally at the same time on the screen, like in a spread sheet,
Well, I think it is unlikely that MuLab will ever resemble a spreadsheet! Best get used to scrolling.
But why do you say that? The feature would be tremendously useful and everyone would benefit from it. I cannot imagine a reason against it, especially if stacking racks vertically is optional.
Grizzellda wrote: And you have 700 plug-ins? Wow!!!
That's actually not that many. Most of them are free and I only use around 20 of them regularly. :)
Grizzellda wrote: You might be interested, earlier in this thread I asked Jo for better plug-in facilities. Something akin to "folders within folders". SONAR does this quite well.
I totally agree. I recently switched from Sonar and the plugin manager is the one thing I'm missing. Not that it's perfect, it doesn't show recently installed plugins for example (in X3 at least), but being able to have folders of folders to categorize plugins is great. If you can categorize plugins according to personal needs, this actually results in more creative choices because you can quickly find fitting similar plugins even if they are rarely used.

JohnD71651 wrote:But why do you say that? The feature would be tremendously useful and everyone would benefit from it. I cannot imagine a reason against it, especially if stacking racks vertically is optional.
Heh heh, :lol: Anytime you say "everyone would... etcetera..." on an internet forum, get ready for the critics! :hihi:

I get what you are saying, but I find that narrowing the racks & scrolling works well. After all, that's how it is in most DAW's, pretty sure. Did you know that you can colour the racks? So you could assign a certain colour to all the percussion tracks, another colour to guitars, etc.
JohnD71651 wrote:I totally agree. I recently switched from Sonar and the plugin manager is the one thing I'm missing.
Glad you agree! Better organization options would be appreciated. Still though, the way he has it now is way better than just a long list!

Thanks a lot for voting!
Interesting results 8)
Made the M7 plan.
Working on it now.
Cheers!

hello, Yo,
mutools wrote:made the M7 plan
:party: :hyper: :party: :hyper: :party:

wish you all the best, waiting for the possibility to see it!

mutools wrote: Made the M7 plan.
Working on it now.
Cheers!
That's awesome, good luck! Very happy with MUX 6 so patiently looking forward to 7.

P.s. cheeky last minute request, this may have been mentioned before but it would be cool to be able to edit oscillator shapes like we can lfos and envelopes.

mutools wrote:Thanks a lot for voting!
Interesting results 8)
Made the M7 plan.
Working on it now.
Cheers!
Excellence. 8)
The Works of Tryezz: Spreading Vitality and Wisdom with the Arts and the Groove
http://www.tryezz.com

Really no one who's interested in this: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p6191376??? It has been eagerly discussed earlier.
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

Reincke wrote:Really no one who's interested in this... It has been eagerly discussed earlier.
JR
Thanks for the reminder! It was also a top FR of mine, but I thought it was not possible. I would like to import Midi files that I generate with per-note pitch bend data (bar mode). MuLab imports the per-note velocity data but not per-note pitchbend (only curve mode). :pray:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:I would like to import Midi files that I generate with per-note pitch bend data (bar mode). MuLab imports the per-note velocity data but not per-note pitchbend (only curve mode). :pray:
Yes, and IMHO I think it's no big deal to change MuLab allowing us to switch the event graph editor from curve mode to bar mode and back. Merely for note events a curve mode should be prevented. Whithout persisting the mode state even the session file structure could remain unchanged, couldn't it? ;-)

Switching from curve mode to envelope mode (automation curve) is something different. That's what I meant as I wrote "Some details would have to be concerned ...".
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

At this point i can't make any promises about specific feature requests, eventhough i can say that enhancing support for envelopes is something that interests me too. But i will first focus on the top most wanted wishes in the poll combined with trying to further easify and streamline MuLab's core music making concept. It's thinking work these days, with pencil and paper. (except for that mac plugin window issue which caused an unpleasant interference)

NB: I regard this poll as ended. I've based the M7 plan upon the results on 31 august.

Michael L wrote:MuLab imports the per-note velocity data but not per-note pitchbend (only curve mode). :pray:
MIDI doesn't have "per note pitchbend". Pitchbend is a channel message.
http://www.midi.org/techspecs/midimessages.php

Return to “MUTOOLS”