modulation cable transfer curve calculation

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello, Jo, MuTools Users,

in the modulation cable, are the transfer curves calculated before the amplitude setting, or does the amplitude setting come first, then the transfer curve (does the transfer curve take in account the whole range, untouched by the amplitude setting)? :?
or in other words, which one is the last in the calculation chain? :?

also, if it is one way or the other, is this consistent everywhere where applicable? :?

could not conceive any test environment to build with fine enough resolution, also because even my slow typing could be faster than that, decided to ask about this.

thanks, in advance, for any insight into this, all the best...
Last edited by NadirToZenith on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

NadirToZenith wrote:in the modulation cable, are the transfer curves calculated before the amplitude setting, or does the amplitude setting come first, then the transfer curve
First the curve is applied, then the offset and aplitude.

does the transfer curve take in account the whole range, untouched by the amplitude setting
Yes.
also, if it is one way or the other, is this consistent everywhere where applicable? :?
Yes all modulation cables work the same way. And also the modulation value mapper.

hello, Jo,
mutools wrote:first the curve is applied, then the offset and amplitude
mutools wrote:yes
mutools wrote:all modulation cables work the same way
also the modulation value mapper
thanks for your fast response.

this is, of course, the most flexible, most logical, way, do not even know why had my doubts about it, my bad, my mistake. :dog:

thanks again, all the best...

Return to “MUTOOLS”