shortcuts in modal windows

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to get a workflow in which I can save presets without touching the mouse. For vsts that use fxb I'm there, I can rename. But for muxes, I have no good workflow. I can create a shortcut for 'save as preset file', but this brings a modal windows where I have to click 'new file'. This button doesn't use the windows convention of 'alt fist letter of the button name' to produce a shortcut that presses the button. So a click cannot be avoided.

Any workaround?

Also, any way to assign shortcuts to the browser window? ie I don't want to have to drag presets, but simply press enter and get the preset assigned to the last used mux. Focusing the browser window with a shortcut would be lovely (right now I can toggle, but that doesn't give the browser focus so I can navigate the presets with arrows.

First of all, please note that it is not a MuTools ambition to make MuLab / MUX Modular Vst 100% keyboard controllable. At the contrary, i think a pointing device (mouse, touch, ...) is inevitable.

That said, here some replies:
I can create a shortcut for 'save as preset file', but this brings a modal windows where I have to click 'new file'. This button doesn't use the windows convention of 'alt fist letter of the button name' to produce a shortcut that presses the button. So a click cannot be avoided.
In M7 pressing Alt+N will correspond to that New File button.
Also, any way to assign shortcuts to the browser window? ie I don't want to have to drag presets, but simply press enter and get the preset assigned to the last used mux.
This should be possible with the Select Next and Redrop function, but there seems to be a prob there. Will check and fix in M7.

Return to “MUTOOLS”