Random preset generator, preset morpher in rack/mux, any ideas ?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@ tatanka:
Until m7 appears If you want to randomise any vst synths that dont have their own randomiser its quite easy, just add your synth to a mux and keep adding Parameter Event Generators as in pic....
Capture.JPG
The good news is you can save any results and they will reload correctly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Wow, great news, have to try this one out :D

love this learn something new everyday thank you

Sorry to keep banging on about this but there is a bit of a cheat to get it to save and thats to use a vst that already has a random preset generator such as PG8X.

I have it in a mux along with the Basic synth, mapped some of the PG8X's controls to metaparameters, mapped some Basic Synth controls to the same metaparameters and Bobs your uncle.

It does require that PG8X is displayed as the random button cannot be mapped, however it does not need to be connected in any way and can also be bypassed so as to save cpu.

A new front panel will also be required, or not depends if you want one.

Just a workaround til M7 but it does work.

Hello bibz1st,

I am sorry but I am just to dumb to get that mux you described in your picture to run :-((.

I mixed some of the modules from your randomizer (the randomizer module for example) mux with some standard modules (parameter event, note to module) but the randomizer just wont work on the parameters like in the picture :-((. I have sound (I tried with different vst, crystalis wont work cause I am on 64 bit) but it just wont change the paratmeters. Would you mind uploading the mux you have in your picture so that I can try to figure out whats wrong with my constellation ? The last one with PG8X would be fine too cause it had a 64 bit version too. Would be very kind of you. Sorry for being such a noob....sigh...

There really isnt much to upload for that one but its here...
1: Simply connect your synth between the Event Input and Audio Output.
2: Connect the Parameter Event pegs to the synth as in the picture
3: Double click the Parameter Event modules and from the drop down list and you should get a list of all your synths parameters, just select whatever you want to randomise.
4: Double click the Note Event Pad to get at the pad itself.
5: Add as many Parameter Event modules as required and do the same
6: The strength and limits of modulation are determined by 4: things (I think) the Resolution and Value of the Param Event, and Amplitude and Offset of the Note To Modulation Converter (double click green cable).
Hope that explains it for you.
The PG8X will have to wait til tomorrow I'm afraid as I need to sort something with it first.
EDIT
Here is the PG8X mux too, it may ask you to locate the synth on your system, once loaded it should look like the pic.
Capture.JPG
Notice it is not connected or even turned on but the random button still works. Dont think the results are as good as my randomiser but thats probably down to the waveforms I used for this and me being lazy with setting it up :hihi:
Any results can then just be saved as you would any other mux.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi bibz1st,

thank you a lot, now I realized my (typical noob...) error: I aspected the parameter event generator modules to visually react on the random button :dog: (stupid of course), so now I see the action on the vst surface, evrything fine :) , thank you again and thanks for the edit, will of course have a look on that one too

No problem, Im no expert, I just connect things together and see what happens :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”