MuLab 7.0.47

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fluffy_little_something wrote:One still has to convert things?! :o
Only if you have created project/preset files that use the step sequencer with one of the first M7 test versions prior to M7.0.16.

I never quite understood that conversion thingy, also with prior versions. (I think I started with version 4 or 5.), why one has to do such things manually in Mulab. I have never used any other DAW where one had to convert things between versions. If such conversions are necessary, why isn't the corresponding routine built into the new version so that the conversion is automatic?

Michael L wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:still beta versions?
mutools wrote:M7 test versions prior to M7.0.16
Test=beta
I see. I was only asking because I was wondering if keys were already being sent out to customers (I had bought an upgrade 2 days ago and not heard back). But I have received it meanwhile :tu:

The swing knob doesn't seem to do much, yet 8) Just did a primitive rhythm pattern in the drum sequencer of the start template and turning the knob to min or max hardly made any difference.

Try with a less primitive pattern and feel the difference.
no sound examples this time :P

Hehe, no change so far...

Anyway, some of the dialog boxes are linguistically dubious, sometimes even misleading. They should be written by a native speaker.

For instance:

Open project into...
Replace this project | Open extra project | Cancel

The options should be for instance:
This Mulab instance | New Mulab instance | Cancel
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Mon May 02, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OK,try this normal drum pattern example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I don't hear any difference. But I got the notification that there is a new version of Mulab, will download that and check again :)
Mulab has become bigger, from around 20MB to 30MB, right?

Strange that when I right-click a project file, select Open with, and then the Mulab exe, nothing happens. But I can simply drag and drop it onto the Mulab link, that works :)

I still don't hear any difference between 0 and 100%. I must be doing something wrong :?

changing the value with the swing knob in step sequencer?

Ah, that works :) I was turning the swing knob next to the metronome button. Shouldn't that work on that rhythm as well?

Now I understand you're using the wrong control the general one and there is also a control for each track :)
But the step sequencer has its own dedicated control.
Edit:There is also a very useful nice feature in the step sequencer that allows to export the pattern to sequence,just go into pattern options at the top right in step sequencer and select "export pattern to sequence".

fluffy_little_something wrote:I see. I was only asking because I was wondering if keys were already being sent out to customers (I had bought an upgrade 2 days ago and not heard back).
Cfr the info on the shop page: When buying a MuLab User Key, you instantly get an initial user key that you can use immediately. Soon after your purchase, normally within 1-2 working days, you also receive your personal user key. Glad to hear all is fine. Thanks for supporting future MuLab and MUX Modular R&D.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I never quite understood that conversion thingy, also with prior versions. (I think I started with version 4 or 5.)
Then chance is very low this affects you as MuLab 7 reads project and preset files back to M4.2. If you are in doubt which was your first MuLab version, email me and i'll look it up. Also note that there is a helper function with which you can search your entire harddisk for all mu files that would be from before M4.2, cfr this post: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p6453025
Why one has to do such things manually in Mulab. I have never used any other DAW where one had to convert things between versions.
Ever heard of such thing called Apple? They even simply break compatibilities! This is absolutely not the case here. There just are some (rather exceptional) cases where certain files need to be upgraded = opened in recent version and resaved. I've added good support for that.
If such conversions are necessary, why isn't the corresponding routine built into the new version so that the conversion is automatic?
That's all explained on this doc page: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... jects.html

Hi all, and hi Jo! Thanks for this new version, and for the nice price. Good job man--
I'm not sure if you remember, but I'm the guy who popped up a while back talking about the mixing desk position being in the middle all the time. I didn't say anymore about it as I thought I would wait until the new release was officially out, just to see if it would iron out. But it didn't, so I'll report it now:
No matter where I position the mixing desk and then save the file, when I reopen it the desk ends up as pictured. The width measures as 1366, the same as my monitor.
This happens no matter what project I open. It's not a major issue, just annoying to correct every time. I've scoured the user settings to find the solution but have had no luck. Any idea?
ps This didn't happen with version 6, if that helps?!?

Return to “MUTOOLS”