Waves WaveShell not correctly recognized

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How can I use the plugins from Waves? The WaveShell not correctly recognized (ignored).

Any idea?

That's only for Windows, of course. :scared:

For Mac, I am using Metapugin from DDMF, which helps with AU-only plugs as well.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Alright Jo, I read where it said "VST shell plug-ins are not supported".

So the next question is...are you actively working on this? Do you care? Could we possibly see Waves plugs in operation by MuLab 8? What if I was to say please? What if I actually said, "pretty please"???

Because REAPER & SONAR scan these plugs lickity-split and they are ready for use...many other hosts do as well, right? Why not MuLab???

Come on, Mr. Langie, you can fix this, can't ya?...So, um...ahh...watcha wait'n for, huh? :hihi: :D :hihi: :D :hihi: :D :hihi: :D :hihi: :D

Seriously Jo, can you at least take a look at this? See, I wanna make channel strips for mixing, using Waves EQ's and compressors. Hey man, like I'm sure you are busy, but please, do at least make an attempt to get this in for version 9...PLEASE!!!

I would vote for this as well for V8. I have a few waves plugins that can be a bit "iffy" when using shell2vst. :neutral:
I think it would be sales asset to add to the "Highlights" column on the MuLab site :)

Cool that you support this heks...I know that this topic has come up before. I hope Jo is listening!

Great tip, Jo. Shell2vst works perfectly :-) Thanks

Succumbed to the Waves sale and coupon deal and bought CLA.3A for $17. Regret it now as shell2vst will not convert it and waves central seems to have done something so MuLab can't use my previously converted waves plugins. I do remember having a difficulty last time. It would be really nice, just to be able to use waves plugins without hassle. Once I've cooled down I'll try again. I've searched all over the net and found shell2vst works for some people and not others.

Run out of ideas of how to get my waves plugins working in MuLad. They are working fine in Studio One v3 (but that "see's the waves shell).
So far I've tried shell2vst which looks like its going to work, but return 0 vsts created. Vstwrapper made wrapped vst's but MuLab report "invalid aeffect" . I remember it was hassle last time I "converted " the waveshells, but that was down to me not knowing what I was doing. I have tried ruining as administrator which froze the programme and in compatibility mode (using win 10). Anyone got any ideas to try next? Thanks.

Would something like Metaplugin or Bluecat patchwork not do the job? I know they are an extra layer and expense but I presume there are demos and the nice thing about them is you can build fx chains you can use in other hosts too.

Blue Cat works perfectly--it pops up a little window and asks which Waves plugin you want.

Metaplugin works, but is a bit fussy and lists ALL of them the first time you open the shell. But then, they are in the context menu and you can pick the one you want.

Minihost Modular doesn't seem to work at all.

The Mac AU waveshell fails on all of them. AU apparently doesn't support plug-in shells and I bet the major DAW players write special support in just for Waves. Reaper picks up the VSTs fine, but not the AUs at all.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Thanks amused and syntonica, I'll try metaplugin. It's funny really, I was planning to use Mux in other hosts where I'd used Metaplugin previously. Back to the drawing board :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”