Midi channel visible on track?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello! Again thanks for making this awesome software available it is so powerful!

Quick question : is there a way to have a visual feedback on the midi channel assignments of a track?

I am not sure where to find this information..once I set a track for a specific channel, how do I know after the fact on which channel it is? (I currently rename the track with the channel number, perhaps this is the most efficient method? )

Thanks!

When you do "Choose MIDI Channel", the current value is selected - but it's not displayed on the track header. Nor is a per-part Channel displayed on a part or a per-event Channel displayed on an event. It would get very messy that way :). If you set the MIDI Channel to per event, you can edit in the list editor and see the event channel.

Idea: You could also rename the track and add the MIDI channel number in it.

Got it. I will use the naming field to identify them (there is plenty of space)...makes it a bit old school too :-) like when setting up a h/w rig. Thanks

I also would like to see the active MIDI-channel directly. And I think a "choose Ch."-Button in the size of Mute-Solo showing the actual used Midi-channel on its surface would not give a "mess". ;-)
But @yul: Be careful: As I mentioned in another thread, an automation-sub-track will default to "CH-1" instead of "PARENT". Hope, that will be changed!
For the moment you have to change midi-channels in all tracks and sub-tracks and afterwards rename them all ... :-P

Indeed, i agree it would be more logical if a new sub-track defaults to using its parent's MIDI channel. Implemented in the next version.

Will that be selectable per sub-track? And if the sub-track is set to part's channel, will the part be able to be set to parent's channel? And so on to event? (And avoiding the invalid cases...)

You can still select any MIDI channel for a sub-track, it's just about the default.

Return to “MUTOOLS”